Thread: Foundation Gold

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

Foundation Gold

Hello all,

Once again I would like to question the people here, in particular Harrison about one of the Amiga games I found on the Internet while surfing around.
    This time its about Foundation Gold.

I probably do not need to mention it is a Settlers clone but I am curious to know what people's opinions are about it regarding gameplay and if its worth collecting.
    Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.

He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice game mate. As you say, it is a Settlers clone, and the Gold edition on CD came with loads of updates and extras such as more levels.

Had a great promotion during development where you could scan in a photo of yourself and send to the developers and they would add your face to one of the in game characters.

It had fairly high specs at the time, requiring a 68030 CPU or better, 8MB fast ram or more, and a CD drive.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Works better if you have at least an 040 and a graphics card.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one game I've not actually tried on my A4000 since I upgraded it to an 040 a while back. Really should give this a go on there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But do you guys think its worth collecting?
    Someone is offering it on Ebay but its 25GBP and I don't know if that is to much for this game.
    Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if it's worth collecting as it's not a "classic" I would consider finding an iso and downloading it, see if you enjoy it and if you do then buy it.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. If you are considering buying any retro game, first try it in emulation via a rom or iso to see if you really like it, or think it is worth it.

25 seems quite expensive... I'm sure you should be able to get hold of a copy much cheaper if you look about. Maybe post a Wanted advert for it on Amibay and see what people want for their copy? Also, the game was given away free on a magazine cover CD in the late 90's. I forget if it was Cu Amiga or Amiga Format. Will have a look through my cover CDs when I get chance and see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all,

Well I don't mind paying extra for an original game but as you both also said, it is expensive and I don't know if I would like the game.
    Opinions about the game are also very divided online which also made me question the purchase.

This was the sale I was looking at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOUNDATION...item4ab98c009d

I would love to give it a try online but I still don't know how to run Amiga CD games on WinUAE.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mount the CD in WinUAE as a HDD. It will then load into Workbench fine.

However, I think foundation needed to be installed to HDD, so you will need to setup a virtual HDD in WinUAE with Workbench installed, then mount the CD as a second HDD and install it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't even have Workbench on it to be honest as I never figured out how I could install it.

Sadly I am somewhat Amiga emulation incompetent