Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Watford Electronics are no more

The UK electronics company Watford Electronics finally folding and called in the receivers last month after over 30 years of trading. Many of you will know them as savastore.com

I used to use savastore a lot myself to purchase computer components and other hardware. And before they took the name savastore I was also using them under their original Watford name.

It is sad to see another long standing UK computer and electronics supplier going bust. Recently we also saw Special Reserve go out of business after also being around for a long time since before the Amiga.

The ISP RedTen which was part of the Watford group has been split into it's own entity, so that is safe, although it's broadband deal included the unique free PC if you took out a 3 year broadband contract, and that deal was underwritten by Watford, which is therefore no longer valid.

Here is some more information about it: http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...ord_aftermath/

Also a new company has taken over Watford, called Globally Ltd. This announcement can be read at http://www.savastore.com/letter.html

But be warned. Globally Ltd is actually in many ways a legal scam. It is owned by the same Indian family as Watford was, but has been registered in the name of a different family member of the Watford directors, and they will still be controlling the company. So I would personally not purchase from Savastore once it is back up and running!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Watford was the final resting place for Carrera PC's as well wasn't it... That's who I got my first PC from. They went bust and got bought up by SSC (and I bought my second PC from them) who then went bust and I think Watford bought them.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Something to say about Watford Electronics

I used to work for these scum bags.
    Don't ever even think about putting order through. You're giving your money to bunch of greedy bastards that's what I would say.
    I could give you more details but I'm not in a mood right now
    Take care guys

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey hows it going? New member on Classicamiga? Welcome!!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/