C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Back from Bari (Italy)

Yesterday we came back home from Bari (southern Italy), and I have to say it was very nice. Weather was all the time awesome, 32 degrees and no single cloud in the sky. We checked the waether already 1 month before going there, and it only showed sun, and also for the next 2 weeks there will be only sun, and the temperatures are still rising. But you don't feel 30 degrees there as here, as due to the sea, there's always a nice wind blowing.

We also drove one day to Trani (50km), which is also very nice, nice harbor and old town, and one day we drove to Brindisi, like 100km away from Bari. We have wine at home from there, so we also wanted to see the region, very beautiful.

The food was just amazing, and it's not like here, they serve the pasta only as starters, called primi, and as secundi you get then your main course. It's their way of eating the pasta, absolutely fantastic dishes. I only ate fish during the whole holiday, nicely grilled squid, hmm, just the best.

Their driving only scared me, I rented a car for the 4 days, and I have to say, they just drive like they feel, don't bother about red lights, overtaking prohibition, speed limits... Very scary in the beginning, but after only 1 day, I adapted their rules

If you want, I can post some pictures, only have to get them off the memory card.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes please for the Pics.

I've never been to Italy, but of several people I know well that have been there, they all agree that driving in Italy is like putting your life on a shoe string....
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Their driving only scared me, I rented a car for the 4 days, and I have to say, they just drive like they feel, don't bother about red lights, overtaking prohibition, speed limits... Very scary in the beginning, but after only 1 day, I adapted their rules
    Probably you haven't visited Greece yet... LOL...
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]