Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: House flooded!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good that everything went well in the end.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great news!! I'm happy to hear this.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Successfully moved house yesterday. Very hectic day and now we have a house full of boxed up belongings. That's my weekend sorted! lol

One odd thing. Phone line was confirmed moved over to the other house yesterday, and broadband company text me to confirm broadband ceased at rented house. However, I'm currently at the rented house collecting last bits and packing my computer stuff up (wasn't having the removal men touching that!) and the phoneline is still working here and I'm using the internet to post this. Very odd. Seems we have both lines active and broadband still here. hmm..

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to know your back

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: House flooded!

Broadband might be taking another week before it's activated so I won't be around much till then.

The landline also seems to have some interference so I can at least use the time to get the line checked. I'm wondering if there is water in the phone line from the flood.

I have managed to borrow a mobile broadband dongle from a friend at work for some access, and I can tether my phone to my tablet, as I'm doing now, so I've got some connectivity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear you are finally back home Dave. Best wishes to you all for you new home.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Charlie. Definitely feels like a new house as nearly everything on the ground floor is new.

We do however have a new concern. The next door neighbour's house has only starting having work done on it this week! They got the NHBC involved as they have had damp issues in their house since it was built, whereas we haven't. That delayed the whole drying and restoration start, and the builders they have in there now are working directly for the NHBC, not their house insurance, and have decided to take the whole ground floor out right back down to the soil and re-construct it again. We spoke to them and they believe the house's floor wasn't constructed correctly. This has therefore raised a concern for us that nothing was done to our house to change its floor construction, or to add prevention against any future flooding. Our house was just dried out and renovated back to its original condition, so we have contacted the NHBC again this week and they are sending an inspector out to investigate.

My wife is understandably concerned they might want to do something serious and we will have to move out again. Hopefully not and anything they do to protect the house from future flooding can be achieved without resorting to major work. The most important thing I want to try and make them do is replace our air bricks with a special flood prevention air brick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah Dave, no worries & a pleasure. Deb's sends all her best to you all, meant sincerely from both of us. One hell of an upheaval..
    - Bugger of this is, the house if a Semi-detached should surely have been done as a complete unit? - Meh @ this for crap-age.... Gah!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our house is staggered, only joined by part of the wall to the neightbours, with ours being a few meters further forward, so it was treated as separate. The builders did say the 2 were completely separate at the time. The concern is more how they were constructed because if they are needing to do so much work to the floor in the other house why wasn't the same needed for our house. We will know more once the NHBC inspector has visited.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is your property on a slightly higher level than your neighbor?