ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My new iPod is bigger than my HD....

So it looks like I will definately need a new HD. Time to go look for one....
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The HD size of the iPod I take it.

If you have purchased an Apple iPod I highly recommend you take a look at the software from RedChair Software called Anapod Explorer It only costs $25 US and stops you needing to use the horrible iTunes to connect to your iPod. It's best feature is that it fully integrates into Windows Explorer so you can use drag and drop between the iPod and the PC. It also has a lot of other features. Take a look.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or get the free MediaMonkey software. Not quite fully intergrated to Windows Explorer, but it'll offer to Syncronise things when you plugin your iPod, and is very good at coping with large collections of music.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use MediaMonkey for my music collection and have my NAS drive music library catalogued using it. MediaMonkey is a great music library program and I highly recommend it, but it is not that great for MP3 player file management compared to a full integrated solution. Although you can use the unregistered version of MediaMonkey for free to try it out.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I use MediaMonkey for my music collection and have my NAS drive music library catalogued using it. MediaMonkey is a great music library program and I highly recommend it, but it is not that great for MP3 player file management compared to a full integrated solution. Although you can use the unregistered version of MediaMonkey for free to try it out.
    I did use Notmad (the equivalent of Anapod for Creative MP3 players) for a while but found MM to do what I wanted just as well. Personal choice I suppose depending on how many features you want.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are only interested in doing simple things, iTunes really isn't that bad.

Granted, it doesn't have some of the neat 'power user' style functions as the other software mentioned here - but apart from the inability to move tracks back from iPod to computer (which can be done with explorer anyway) I don't think I've ever had a serious problem with iTunes.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just don't like iTunes because of the way it hooks into your system, but doesn't so things in a standard way and also "communicated" your file information with Apple behind the scenes.

I also use Notmad for my Zen player and it is a huge improvement over the Creative software. That Zen Xtra player is now getting quite out of date and very large compared to current MP3 players, but it does still work perfectly, and I only mainly use it in the car anyway.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I think I will have to get some different software, iTunes is quite primative...so backwards in the way you copy music...When I had my Zen, it was drap, drop. This is bull, I had to actually read the help file to work out what the hell was going on. I bought a 250 GB drive, externally powered, for $179 AUD. $50 was for the casing. Very nice deal....considering if I bought four, that would be almost $300 dollars less than if I bought a 1 TB drive from D1ck smith's.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/