Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Classicamiga server hacked

Hi everyone,

As you probably already noticed, the Classicamiga and Amibay servers were hacked towards the end of last week. Someone decided it would be nice to hack into the sites and mess up the main files required to make the sites run.

In addition, the code they added into the site contained a site redirect to a nasty malware virus, so please make sure you have up to date virus checkers and malware scanners running. It was out of my control, but I apologise if anything got infected from this attack.

At the moment the staff of Amibay are working on fixing the issue, which can then be mirrored over to the CA server. The main classicamiga.com site is completely down at the moment because I don't have time to fix it (new baby), but as these forums and Amibay are both running on the same vBulletin software we can at least make sure the forums are both clean and fully working.

Sorry for the trouble caused. I will try to get classicamiga.com back up and running as soon as I can.

Regards,

Dave/Harrison.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes did i notice forum was down for a little while. Finally got on this morning Big sigh of relief now were back online again
    Many Thanks
    Andrew
    A600 6gig HDD, 3.1 Rom, ClassicWB GAAE, Pcmcia Adapter to cf.
    A1200 80gig HDD, 3.0 Rom ClassicWB Lite.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, we notice.
    I found it a bit stange, that you didn't reply, but i do understand now.... a baby !!
    Forget that mate, the most important now is that you area father and everything is ok for both.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Google have the site listed as malicious so you have to jump through hoops to get on here.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I got an email from Google telling be there had added classicamiga.com to the blacklist because it was delivering malware attacks on visitors. I can't contact them to try and remove that until I know I've found everything added in the attack. Really annoying!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the baby came the hack, take care!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My main Watercooled i7 Rig (Win7 X64) is rig is off-line atm & my WinXp Box on a Canterwood chipset is only running IE8. Mirco$haft decide to offer me an update for IE8 that refuses to install & I'm popped up to hell despite SpyBot & Trend online finding nothing wrong. Grrr....

I did notice the site was down back along but thought nothing of it. Glad to see you had some success Harrison.

Is it now more secure than before?

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

?.... 'Cos I can't edit posts?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Yes, I got an email from Google telling be there had added classicamiga.com to the blacklist because it was delivering malware attacks on visitors. I can't contact them to try and remove that until I know I've found everything added in the attack. Really annoying!
    Ja that sucks, Firefox asks me if I'm sure I want to enter...

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got this 'malicious' warning message via Firefox today, but on my AmigaOS 4.1 system using OWB it just logged in normally. Yeah I know, windoze suxx badly.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]