Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bought a beamer

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You now have a very good system.
    only one thing missing, a mini-fridge very close to you, so during the movie, you don't need to move much. :-)
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually don't drink during movies, but it could be interesting for watching sports

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got 3D now working.

I still had a HDMI 1-2 splitter from Koenig at home (1 input, 2 outputs), which I bought to be able to use the beamer or the TV without switching cables all the time. As the Onkyo has 2 HDMI outputs, I didn't need it anymore.

So I plugged it in, put the PS3 to its input, and the beamer to its output, like this, the PS3 was connected directly to the beamer, without passing over the receiver. The cables are very easily accessible, and the whole setup is done in less than one minute.

Then when trying Killzone 3 in 3D, the PS3 also recognized that my screen can do 3D, and I could switch to 3D. Works perfectly, even on 3.55!

The only thing I still have to do, is to connect an optical cable from the PS3 to my receiver, so that I will also have sound.

But I only want to use this method when playing 3D games, otherwise I will pass through the receiver, as I also want to have TrueHD sound. And like I mentioned, it's changed in less than one minute.

I'm still using the Oppo as BD player, as first of all my PS3 is VERY noisy, fan almost never stops running on full power, and the sound and picture coming from the Oppo are far superior.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ dc

WOW!

Looks like you had some luck there with the charges. Guessing the guy that came round was the guy you bought from.

I have to laugh @ your comments RE: that's enough now. It's a bit like Alice in Wonderland looking down the deep deep rabit hole isn't it. - ....you just have to draw the line somewhere, though I'm sure you are gong to have many years of pleasure with that setup.

I mentioned earlier about a close friend setting up a BenQ W1200 beamer. He was round mine with his iMac last night for a Dual Boot setup installing. I'm booked in to pop over this weekend to see his 3.5m Wide set up.....

Bhf @ 3.5m of Beamer in your front room!!
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
    Guessing the guy that came round was the guy you bought from.
    Indeed

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I managed to get the PS3 working now without having to use the splitter.

The receiver mode for the PS3 was set to "Through", which sounds logical to me, that it lets the signal pass through. But in that mode, the receiver makes a conversion of the resolution, meaning that he signal is not passed straight away to the beamer. So I set it now to "Direct", which lets the signal through without doing anything, thus passing the video signal directly to the beamer, and playing the audio signal just fine. No need for a splitter and toslink cable anymore.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The guy came again for almost 2 hours yesterday to do the final calibration. He said that the lamp needs to have at least 50h+ to calibrate the 3D. Mine has now 80h, so that was Ok. He also recalibrated the 2D, as that also changed again due to the lamp having more hours, but that was really not much, a slight adjustement fixed it again.

I have to say that watching a true 3D movie over the Oppo player is just gorgeous!! And gaming is so much more fun, played some NFS: Hot Pursuit, with high volume, and it just blows you away.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also new speakers need time to wear in. They become warmer and have a much nicer sound after a few hundred hours.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!