Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

4000D Screen and other questions

Hello
    Need some help for screen for my 4000d
    What is best option without to buy,
    I have Cybervision 64 3d card without scandobuler...and hydra network card.
    Is it good to take those BENQ screens 24 who can show Amiga screen
    buy some CGA/EGA/RGB/ to VGA GAME video converter board 1 VGA output game convert GBS8200
    like this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CGA-EGA-RGB-...item2a1a7de49a
    Or use LCD TV scart ---S video or i dont know?
    Indivision is like last solution..

Cybervision graphic card have 15 pin output . Is there special place on Zorro board for Graphic card
    and Network Hydra card or is all slots ok. IS there something what i have to turn on off before i plug Cards into slots?

Can i use A520 ( i have that to) just for testing if i connect without cybervision on motherboatd video out to connect on normal TV?
    On board is changed all caps all ready battery and simm slots.
    What DVD with USB you recommended for this mashine, any other suggestion ? I want OS 3.9 and is faster CF or Hard disk. IS ok to install on disk first in WINuAE some i didi for 1200?

THAnk you

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the GBS8200 and it is a great upscaler for the Amiga. It won't give you quite as good a picture as the Indivision, but at a much cheaper price it does a very good job if you are not worried about having the best. If you get the GBS8200 let me know as I can tell you how to wire it up. When ordering they take about 2-3 weeks to arrive from China/HK.

You can use the A520 to test the A4000's video output with all standard PAL/NTSC modes. It just won't work with the higher resolution AGA modes like PBLPAL.

I always set my HDDs up on a PC with WINUAE then move the drive over to the real Amiga. Makes it so much quicker to do. If you are thinking about OS 3.9 have a look at ClassicWB.

Regarding graphics cards, the A4000 has a dedicated graphics slot next to the Zorro slots you need to use for your graphics card. There isn't anything to turn on or off when installing them. Just the drivers need installing and the software that supports it. Remember no Amiga graphics card will completely replace the Amiga's own built in graphics. It will need to use a mixture of both, so you will need a monitor connected to both, or a pass through switch.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get Picasso IV and test amiga with a520 .. so far i get kickstart screen..HDD formated in WinUAE wont boot system software failure 8000 0004.... But in WinUAE is working OK boot from real HDD.
    Dedicated Graphic slot is on doughter board last down...
    i install Classic wb 3.9 on winuae than i copy all files to real HDD no boot.. power led flashing couple times before software failure..
    Thanks for help

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you set the drive up in WinUAE did you use the UAESCSI.device? This could be why the HDD is failing to boot in the real Amiga. I would recommend formatting the HDD in the real Amiga, then take it out and connect it to the PC/WinUAE to install Workbench, then see if the real Amiga will then read it.

Regarding Picasso IV. This RTG graphics card has a built in flicker fixer and pass through, so you can use just the video connector on the Picasso IV card to see all output from the Amiga on one monitor.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes hdd is ide not uaescsi, i can't format prepare hdd in amiga becouse i don't have install workbench disk in my set i have all others (tipicaly marfi low) i manage to locate some trouble and can be error in startup sequence about scsi ....
    I know at Picasso have flicker fixer that s why i bought now cyber 3d is on sell.

Thanks for help hope at find solution for this .. BB2 is making those troubles i think

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What did you set the transfer mask on the HDD when your partitioned it? This can be another issue that can stop the drive working in a real Amiga.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Max transfer 0x0001FE00
    Maask 0x7FFFFFFE

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Problem solved installing OS without WnUAE ...i think problem was in patching rom when is installed BB2 on WinUAE.. In WinUAE you actauly not patch rom... and amiga get ....software failure..

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good news. Glad you managed to work out the problem in the end.

Sometimes with unique Amiga setups it is hard for anyone else to work out what is going on.