Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is your current desktop brackground/wallpaper?

Last week I created a new Desktop background for my main system based on the forthcoming new game, Star Wars: Unleashed.

Here is the finished image:

So what are you currently using as your desktop background/wallpaper?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As I'm currently using my laptop, I only have standard background that came with Windows XP. On my main system I have a quite a few to choose from - but I tend to use demoscene graphics and such for backgrounds. Lot's of cool artwork.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to change mine every couple of months, and normally only when I see an image that I really like. At the moment most of my backgrounds have tended to be game related, but I hate just using an in-game screenshot, instead liking to use concept artwork or other artwork relating to a game. I also sometimes like to experiment and create my own backgrounds or take then from motion graphics.

BTW, does anyone know if Vista supports motion backgrounds? It would be great if it did. I know you can make an active desktop in Windows since right back to Windows 98, and then use a webpage as the background and therefore have motion going on, but it would be cool to just be able to use a video file as a background. I thought about this recently after seeing some of the cool motion backgrounds people have been creating for the PSP.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is a picture of all the Loco Roco characters!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got an Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! wallpaper on mine. You may well recognise the character......

And I just found out (when looking trhough google for this pic) that there is going to be a sequel to Ouendan! ****ing A!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a digtal wall with 1 and 0.

I don't change my wallpaper. On my Catweasel PC I have the amiga rockets wallpaper, and you know what I have on my emulations barebone system, a Nintendo wallpaper.

At work I have a Tabasco one.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    My current one is this:

It's by the graphician Danny, from the slideshow Forgotten by Mirage. You can find it in the demosection. This image is way larger than the Amiga's standard resolution, so in the demo you had to use the mouse to scroll the image in order to see it all. Couldn't find the entire image anywhere on the net, so in the end I took several screenshots and pasted them together to get the entire image so I could add it to the site. Tried it out as a wallpaper only a few days ago, and it looks pretty good.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is definitely a pretty cool image Teho.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    On my Dad's computer I have the standard Windows blue background.

Some naughty software that found it's way onto the computer (by no fault of me) seems to have disabled changing of the background, although as I don;t want to change it anyway, I couldn;t be bothered to find out what the problem was.

On my Amiga 500+, I have one of the standard patterns, it is some sort of pattern of light blue dots.

On my PC I have the one from Amiga.org which has the wall being knocked down by a boing ball.

On my PowerBook G3 I have one of the standard MacOS9 backgrounds - a green background with bubbles on it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not very adventurous are you Steve! Don't you ever want a fun or unique looking desktop Steve?

I like the quick covering comment there Steve regarding your dad's computer! Does your dad have virus and firewall software running? I know you tend not to yourself and from your post it sounds like you do need some!