Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yinlips YDPG18

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Yinlips YDPG18

New console out (again another one), this time from Yinlips, based on Android. Looks really nice, and seems also to run emulation quite well. Compared to the already older Dingoo I have, it seems nicer, and of course has a much bigger 5" touchscreen.

Here's a mini review of the console:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSa2m3_D7mE

Here you can even see PSX emulation in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZhIe...eature=related

Specs:

1. 5.0" High definition Touch Screen
    2. 5.0 Mega pixels digital camera & DV function(Optional for double camera)
    3. Support all audio decoding, Multi-tasks to play,listen to music while watching ebook and play the game. Multi-channel output
    4. Support 1080P(1920x1080pixel)video decoding, RM/RMVB,PPTV,Support online TV, online movie,Support flash player 10. X online play ,Plugin subtitles SMI, SRT, SUB, SSA, ASS, SUB+IDX,ISO Navigation
    5. Android2.2 OS,quickly visit any website, see news, office, reading, online download . Support website flash display.
    6. Wifi function,support E-mail,browse Office software,Word,execl... Support many input method, support handwritten input method. Support video chat and QQ chat etc.
    7. Audio and video output(HDMI 1080p NTSC/PAL)、
    8. Game function,support 8bit NES/FC,GB,GBC.16bit SMC,SMD,SFC/SNES.32bit GBA,MAME.64bit N64,support 3D PSX(480X272),HD 3D(800x480), android APK 3D games. Flash 10.X games, support full screen touch game,support gravity sensor direction sensor game, support network multi-player against games
    9. Ebook function:TXT,PDF format
    10. FM radio function(Optional),Clock、calendar 、calculator
    11. Support JPG format photos browsing, support small screen preview, 3D switch, slide broadcast, zoom
    12. Support Micro SD card
    13. Built-in double speaker

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    interesting... what about the price?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prices lies around 150$, found it at 2 shops so far.

But I just saw that one shop already has an upgraded version of it.

The differences between Yinlips YDPG18 and Yinlips YDPG18 Upgrade Version are as below: the updated version is with Android 2.3 system, A10 1.5GHz processor (act more fast), 2-points touch screen, HD playback capabilities. Meanwhile, the machine also offers high-definition HDMI digital video output interface, supports up to Full HD 1080P video output. HD video can be output to large LCD TV display device, web browsing, software applications, 3D games, also compatible with this feature.

Specifications:

- Android 2.3 system
    - BOXCHIP A10 1.5GHz processor
    - 5.0 inches HD TFT 2 points touch screen
    - 8bit nes/ fc/ gb/ gbc.16bit/ smc/ smd/ sfc/snes.32bit/ gba/ mame 64bit N64/ Sony PS/3D PSX(480X272) 3D (800x480) android apk 3D game.
    - HD playback capabilities, supporting up to 2160P (3840 x 2160 resolution) high definition video, higher resolution than 1080P.
    - support 1080P RM / RMVB, MKV (H.264 encoding), AVI, MOV, FLV, MPG, VOB, MPE, DAT, 3GP, MP4
    - Wireless WiFi
    - 720P/ 1080P HDMI ouput
    - E-book
    - Ebook function:TXT, PDF format
    - FM radio function(Optional), Clock, calendar, calculator
    - Support JPG format photos browsing, support small screen preview, 3D switch, slide broadcast, zoom
    - Support Micro SD card
    - Built-in double speaker
    Here you can get the upgraded version: http://www.isharegifts.com/yinlips-y...er-p-1616.html

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. And works out at only £99 so a great price point.

It is a great idea to create a handheld that runs the standard mobile Android OS because of the number of games and emulators already available for the platform. And putting it into a PSP designed system is another great idea as the design works well for mobile gaming.

However, as I have an Xperia Play I already have pretty much this device within my phone as it is, so no real need for one.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really interested in this device as it seems to run Amiga emulation capably too.

Are you guys seeing it for sale from a trusted vendor? I'm based in the UK.

®

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As it is the same basic hardware as Android phones, the same Amiga emulators will run well on it, and they do work pretty well. Although don't expect perfect emulation.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought the Yinlips already some time ago, I completely forgot to mention it here. Very neat console, couldn't test it that much, as after one day, I was forcing the USB cable in, and I broke some pins, thus I cannot connect it via USB anymore, real shame. So there was not much testing, guess that's why I didn't mention it. Here again a picture of the Yinlips:

I now ordered the JXD s5300, another Android based handheld, which looks almost the same than the Yinlips, and has similar features, it's a bit newer than the G18A, and it's also cheaper, only 75€, will be delivered already rooted. The Yinlips also have a newer model out now, the G19. Here a picture for comparison of the JXD:

You can buy these consoles at Willgoo, shipping is for free worldwide, which is absolutely great.

There's also a open source handheld comparison chart, which you might wanna check if you want to buy a handheld console: Open Source Handhelds Comparison.

Btw, Archos is bringing out a Gamepad, which looks also quite promising, it should get released soon.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting. Android is definitely becoming the standard mobile OS for all types of device, even Samsung cameras. For pure gaming and especially emulation these are perfect, and even better if this new one comes pre-rooted. Do you know what version of Android they are based on?

I can't really justify a reason to buy one though as I'm currently happy using my phone and Nexus 7 for handheld gaming.

Would love to hear more about the JXD s5300 when you get it though.

BTW, would you be interested in getting the USB port fixed on your Yinlips? I could probably find someone that could repair it for you.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also ordered an Archos GamePad today, as it's a french brand, you can get it in several french online shops. I bought it for 149€, 16GB SDHC included. Got some nice reviews. It's a bit more powerful than the Yinlips and JXD devices, has Android 4.1, and comes with a 7" screen, instead of only 5".

The Yinlips has 2.3.4, and the JXD has 4.1.1

Would be nice if someone could fix the USB port, it's kind of fiddly, as it's a mini USB and it's fixed on the circuit board, I cannot do it myself, and without being able to hook it up the PC, it's a bit useless, and of course would be a waste of money. Let me know if you could do something.