Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, you would definitely see better performance from the 2760QM combined with some 1600 ram. That would be a very nice gaming laptop indeed.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This week, several components got again more expensive.

They had a promotion last week, giving a 150€ discount. That stopped the 9th

Then also the price of the GPU increased from 170€ to 199€, and the RAM increased from 192€ to 219€.

So in the end I would now have to pay 2.275€, and last week (Saturday) if I would have bought it straight away, it would have been 2.015€, but my girlfriend was the one who was trying all the time to change my mind, and stop me from buying it, with the argument that I already have a laptop (chicks, tss!). I was in doubt then a bit, and wanted to wait a bit. Now I will definitely have to wait again, as I contacted Dell, and they told me that the prices increase/decrease on a regular basis, and that if there's some kind of promotion, it always comes out on Wednesdays.

Anyway, I have still to pay for my gf's driver's license, next exam is the 20th, hopefully she will pass this time, otherwise you can always add 500€ until the next exam.

And after that, I will also have to buy her a car, so the laptop will perhaps not be my first acquisition. Will see.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wait a few months. The i7 Sandy Bridge mobile processors have only been out since November, so are still very close to their original Intel RRP. I think by Easter they will have fallen in price by some margin, and also 1600MHz ram might also start to fall soon too. So you might end up saving quite a bit compared to buying it now.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    1.600MHz RAM dropped now from 219€ to 140€, same price as the 1.333MHz RAM. The disadvantage with Alienware is always that you don't know when the prices will raise again.

Or was there recently some RAM price dropping?