Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some personal achievements and memories...

First successful landing on the air craft carrier in F/A-18 Interceptor. Took some patience, and trepidation. And achieving a 1:1 ratio for missiles fired to bogies downed. Subsequent simulations I tried (F-29 Retaliator and Thunderhawk AH-73M) had cheats/trainers enabled, so didn't provide the same challenge.

Being awed by Shadow of the Beast 2 intro. Then many hours later realising how I wouldn't be completing the game without a cheat, and having to wait for the next publication of Amiga Format for the liberating "ten pints" cheats.

Completing Eye of the Beholder and enjoying a proper ending. No after-thought single screen of congratulatory text here. Still need to complete the game again to this day, now that I know all the "Special Quests". To see if there's an additional ending reward.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Agram and welcome to the forum.

Nice to see another Eye of the Beholder fan. I love that series and completed both of the Amiga games. The second was huge for sure and they were definitely games that had a lot of love and devotion put into them by their development teams. I too have considered replaying them, but I'm not sure if I would have the patience to play through the whole of both games again, especially when i have so many other games I still need to play.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I support the Eye of the Beholder! Those were some excellent games...extremely hard and long! but still loved it, haven't played it in a while, but who knows....I might...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The end of the first game was definitely a tense part of the game after taking so long to get there, with the final battle against the Eye of the Beholder was very hard.

Sad as it may sound I actually mapped both of these games fully on graph paper as I played and marked the locations of every item, object, door and enemy on the maps. If I still have them I may even scan them in for the site at some point.

I've just though that I never got around to playing the third PC only game in this series. I downloaded the PC game ages ago and ran it just to see it running, but never really played it. Maybe that is something I should play at some point soon.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh really? Thats sweet, I'll need to grab that from you Harrison. Hey I have the cheats book for EoB I, so I could scan it and put it up.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    ...extremely hard and long! but still loved it...

Quote Originally Posted by Agram View Post
    Some personal achievements and memories...

First successful landing on the air craft carrier in F/A-18 Interceptor. Took some patience, and trepidation. And achieving a 1:1 ratio for missiles fired to bogies downed.
    Oh man, landing on the carrier was a real bitch until you got the knack, I remember that well. Also keenly remember spending a lot of time flying under the golden gate (and trying to do it upside down as well - can't remember if I ever made it). I also did silly thing like seeing how far the plane could be driven around the map (yes, that's without actually taking off - the things kids do, eh? ).

F/A-18 interceptor was a cracker, I really enjoyed it. I have the manual already scanned (and a bunch of others too, form a while back) - really must get round to adding these things to the site.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stop bending....I mean modifying my words

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Loved the 1st EOB but EOBII was just pure class.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just been replaying Eye of the Beholder, using randomly rolled character stats. It sure draws out combat for later levels. The two dwarf recruits have more HP than my created paladin and ranger.

Annoyingly I've messed up the Special Quest for level 9. Needed to block 12 flame jets with darts. I most have used too many darts to clear away blocks in SW area of level 7 So need to restart again, think I'll go for max stats this time to speed up the killing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Battle Squadron(EU) and Banshee