Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dynablaster with the 4-player adapter was brilliant! All night trying to kill each other.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dynablasters was brilliant. I was a big fan of the SNES Bomberman games at the time, but didn't own a SNES, so when this Amiga game came out I was so happy.

Wasn't Dynablasters also created by Hudsonsoft? I remember two games similar to bomberman appeared on the Amiga. There was one game that was official and another that wasn't and got sued.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know who created that game. All I know was that there was a 4-player adaptor in the package that was connected to the parallel port and allowed two extra joystick be connected to your Amiga. I think we might have played it with 5 persons and one player controlled his character by the keyboard.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Dynablasters was brilliant. I was a big fan of the SNES Bomberman games at the time, but didn't own a SNES, so when this Amiga game came out I was so happy.

Wasn't Dynablasters also created by Hudsonsoft? I remember two games similar to bomberman appeared on the Amiga. There was one game that was official and another that wasn't and got sued.
    Yep, Dynablaster and Bomberman were one and the same (i had dynablaster on the old school gameboy).

There was a bomberman clone called Masterblaster that I had from an AP coverdisk. Awesome version with a great 'superman' powerup that allowed you to push soft-blocks to escape, or even better crush, an opponent.

Also the PD game atom smasher had the sprites ripped from dynablaster. They got in trouble too I believe.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, Masterblaster. That was the one! They initially tried to release it as a commercial game but Hudsonsoft threatened to sue them, so they just released it into the public domain instead.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    For me it was the moment i finally unplugged the konix speedking joystick from the c64 plugged it in the amiga booted it up for the first time and played Hostages not the best game ever but it just seemed so awesome at the time, busting through the window and popping a cap in the hostages head amazing.

Of course there are so many other good moments like finally admitting to myself that kick off was dead when sensible soccer came around, getting beat by my Dad at zany golf, the outstanding music that came with games like Xenon 2 and the hilarious animation that came up on the version of Ivan Ironman Stewarts super off road racer.

Magic moments that will live forever in my memory.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I remember Hostages, borrowed that off one of my dad's mates. I got into the building but don't think I ever completed it and freed all the hostages - the game kept ending cos I kept shooting the place up......

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hostages AI was pretty good i thought at the time because i remember if u went around shooting the captors would kill the hostages and run for you.
    I also loved the first bit of that game as well when you had to avoid the lights to get into sniping position.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many memories of the Amiga but some of the standout gaming moments for me include, in no particular order:

1. Parking my Boa outside a orbiting space station in Frontier, having spent loads on shielding, and letting ships just ram me as they departed, even funnier when the police vipers started streaming out to get me.

2. The first time I heard Elvira's voice in Elvira.

3. Seeing the beholder in Eye Of The Beholder.

4. Flying inverted under the Golden Gate Bridge at about 0 feet above sea level in F/A-18.

5. Getting hit by by my own plane after ejecting in Fighter Bomber...
    This is not a signature

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me:

- Winning 32 - 0 against Iceland in Sensible Soccer
    - Being shot down and survivng against 80 enemy planes in Wings
    - Like v85, seeing the beholder in Eye of The Beholder
    - Almost throwing the joystick out the window after dying for the third consecutive time in the second to last level in Silkworm
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/