Thread: Wii MAME v1.0

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Wii MAME v1.0

Wii MAME has recently been updated so that it no longer uses the SDL and has better joystick support and now the Gamecube joystick works.

It can be downloaded from here and on the ROMs I can get working it runs quite well but unfortunately it runs on the 0.134u4 and I can't find a good romset and have never been able to work out how the MAME ROM converter works.

Nemesis runs slightly faster than it should.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can get different MAME sets from Pleasuredome, and they might still have the 0.134 sets active.

I'm surprised a Wii version of MAME didn't use the MAME4All set which is mosr commonly used for consoles and hand-held. It is based on a very old set and MAME version but does support most 2D games, which is all most people need for lower powered hardware running MAME.

ClrMAMEPro can be confusing to work out, that is very true. Took me some time playing around with it years ago to work it out as it definitely isn't logical, but it does fall into place once you understand it. I originally uses a tutorial I found online somewhere to get my head around it. Still a bit annoying to use though, but great for creating miss lists for partial rom sets, and also to crc check sets.
    Last edited by Harrison; 23rd December 2011 at 16:52.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pleasuredome always removes the old set straight away when a new one is available. But the newest set might also work, although not everything, but the older ROMs never really change, only the newer stuff gets updates, and 134 is "only" 10 versions down. You just should try with the newest set and try some old 2D games.

Or you might just use a rollback set, as with those you can go back to any set you want.

Or even like Harrison mentioned, you should just try the MAME4All set, that one might work completely, as it's older.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried the MAME4All set and they don't all work and the newer set most have errors as well.

The games I'm trying are:-
    Bubble Bobble
    Gradius 2
    Gradius 3
    Gradius 4
    Nemesis
    R-Type
    R-Type 2
    Rainbow Islands
    The New Zealand Story

Of these 1942 and Nemesis work.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MAME sets do change a lot over time. They don't just add new game roms. Arcade machines are made up of a lot of roms for each machine, and many different games share many common roms. Therefore the MAME developers over time reduce the game roms needed to only their unique rom code, and they all then rely on a parent game that contains the same common roms. That is why in MAMEUI you often see a game with a lot of subset games branching off from it, as they all share the same rom set.

This does however mean that many games also need the roms from other games to work. It also means that over time the rom set is very different compared to much older versions.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good News. I've found a 0.134 Romset here.

Bad News. It's in 112 200MB parts from Rapidshare (at least Rapidshare is one of the faster downloading sites).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD