Thread: Battlefield 3

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3
    Anyone is playing it?

I am playing on PS3 and it's good, very good. Graphics and sound are excellent, i didn't play Battlefield 1 and 2, so i can't compare it to previous version, but it does feel good. the style is like modern warfare, very similar.
    So far i went on combat by foot, tank, F18.... yes F18, so cool, you can see in first perspective your character walking on the air carrier, on deck, then going inside the cockpit in back seat... superb feeling.
    i am loving it.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The BattleField games are great fun. My favourite is still BattleField 1942 on the PC, and the more recent PS3 release of Battlefield 1943 is great fun. I love the WWII settings more than modern combat.

I also enjoyed Battlefield 2, but haven't yet got hold of the new 3.

What are the controls like on the PS3 version? I never like console FPSs much and always try to get such games on PC for the much more accurate and nicer keyboard/mouse control setup. Although control controllers do lend themselves better to Battlefield when you are not on food, as the controls work perfectly for flying or driving a tank/vehicle.

Also do you know if PC and control gamers can play on the same servers? If so I will get the PC version.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have it but didn't play it yet, I'm finishing Uncharted 3 first.

I played Battlefield 1, but didn't play the second one yet. And I think you don't need to play both of them first, as the story is not related. The first one was called Bad Company, which had a storyline about some funny characters, and it was really fun to play. The second one is also called Bad Company (2), and I think in that one it also follows the story of these guys (don't know for sure), but there's already less humor than in the first. And the third one is even not called Bad Company anymore, so it has basically nothing to do with the first 2.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are getting a bit confused with the BF series DC. There are loads of different games in the franchise and the Bad Company games are actually different games with their own story about the USA fighting Russia.

The original BF2 was the third game in the franchise and was only every released on the PC, in 2005, but the later version of the game called Battlefield 2: Modern Combat was released for consoles, on the 360, as well as the PS2 and original Xbox (but never released on the PS3) .

The main Battlefield games have single player campaigns, but the main focus is on the multiplayer gaming, where you enter a warzone "level" that is a free roaming world just like other multiplayer games like CounterStrike. Picking one of 2 sides, you can go anywhere, jump in a vehicle, tank or gun emplacement and use them, or get in a plane and fly around the level shooting and other players and dropping bombs. When you die you respawn, normally back on your aircraft carrier or one of your captured flag points. It is great fun.

Battlefield 3 is the first game in the main series to be released on the PS3.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of what I've heard it's a brilliant game, hope to try it some time though.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are the controls like on the PS3 version?
    uhuuu, grrrr... well pc will allways be better with keyb/mouse.... the PS3 controller is not the same precision... some people get use to it, but it's not the same, mouse is faster and more acurate, if you want to mouse from A to B, you can have a much bigger range off in between positions... with a controller, you can move like 1 cm or 2 cm in any direction... 1 or 2cm is not the same as 10 or 20 cm you do with mouse so it can not be the same...

i found myself aiming to an enemy, and i want to correct just 15 pixels on screen, and sometimes is quite hard, i try to move just a bit and the controller or movs much more or much less, difficult to adjust a few pixels like you do in a mouse.
    but that's the same with any FPS game on consoles... but i saw many people that can control quite good the controller, but we need a lot of time to master it.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly what I find too. Just not the accuracy or ability to fine turn aiming. Console versions of games compensate for this by giving a larger hit area around objects and enemies to make it easier to hit them even if you are not quite aiming exactly on target. For PC gamers this often feels bad and can ruin the experience a bit.

On PC FPSs I always love the precision you can get with aiming, especially when sniping. You just can't get that with console controllers.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Battlefield 3 is the first game in the main series to be released on the PS3.
    Ok, so I can play it without having played Battlefield Bad Company 2 first. That's good.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finished Uncharted 3, was very good again, played through it in 2 days

I took this week off work, and my girlfriend is working in the afternoon, and only comes home around 8 in the evening, so I make myself a gaming week, long time I didn't do that.

This afternoon I'm gonna start with Battlefield 3, if it works.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it works,
    you must get the 2 pkg files as "someone told me"...
    1 patch and then 1 crack, you must install it before the game.
    Pay atention, the game may frize on loading screen at first time after install, just need to reboot and it's ready to roll
    A500 - A600 - A1200