Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harrison wrote:

Completely ridiculous! While some of our neighbours on the continent are enjoying amazingly fast fibre connections at £10 a month we are still being ripped off and this only goes to show it is going to get worse!
    That's true. In Sweden you can for example get a 20mb connection for a bit over £20 per month (after what I've heard), and that is of course with unlimited usage. You can probably get it cheaper than that if you go with alternative providers. In Norway the prices are not high as well, and I don't know of any company that puts restriction to downloads or uploads.

I also read about something completely insanse and that is also in Sweden. This company is offering a 200mbit connection for.. about £23 a month!!

Swedish Broadband

The text in the site the text links to is in Swedish, but here is a quick translation:

"Swedish broadband is a product that brings you the fastest and cheapest broadband connection in Sweden today, without startup fee, and via fiber which gives you a more stable connection. For 229 (Swedish kroner) a month, you get up to 200mbit/s free traffic in both directions (uploads and downloads)."

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm. Sweden isn't far. Maybe it's time to think about moving!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me about it! Broadband is cheaper and faster over there, so why not? Besides, if you got a job in Halden or something, you could easily work in Norway and live in Sweden. You would save a fortune in food, beverages, broadband and such. Not to mention the savings on tobacco! (I know that doesn't count for most people here, but for me it does)