Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

What Amiga games to collect

Hello all,

From time to time I collect older games for my collection, PC and console but also of course the Amiga.
    So far I have collected games I have played years ago or on the emulator and which I liked a lot of felt were special, but I want to ask what other games are interesting for me to collect.

My interest in general is action, adventure, platform and the occasional unique title (a game that doesn't have a definable gameplay type) with my favorite genre being science fiction.

Perhaps people here know games from their own experience that qualify the definitions I gave up and could suggest them.

BTW, you don't have to suggest the Lucasarts adventure games as I already have them on PC.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The one game I will always keep in my collection is Frontier: Elite 2. The game holds amazing memories for me, as it does for many others too.

As for other games to collect, for RPGs there are many great examples that are worth owning the originals of. Dungeon Master was an innovative game that spawned a whole sub-genre for RPGs with the 3D style dungeon exploration. Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2 being great examples of games that followed. Hired Guns and its CD32 sequel being another. A more obscure game that is one of my personal favourites is Worlds of Legend. That was a great RPG with isometric 3D graphics.

For adventure games you have the obvious ones like Monkey Island 1 and 2, Beneath a Steel Sky, Universe etc... and the mix of adventure and platforming with Another World and Flashback.

I definitely think the Amiga had a lot of more unique titles worth collecting. Archipelagos springs to mind.

I loved the big box releases of the Amiga era of gaming much more than today's DVD style cases. So often you got a load of extras included, such as multiple manuals, reference cards, supplements, maps...etc. Frontier was one of my favourites for this with the star map, manual and multiple booklets with background stories.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TURRICAN 2....

Oh, and make to your Amiga a big favor (if you still have one around there). Buy a 2.1 speaker system. You'll love Paula after.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One game that is the ultimate collectors item for the Amiga has to be Moonstone. If you ever find an original boxed copy of Moonstone then you will have the most collectable, sort after and hard to find game for the Amiga. Whenever a copy appears it always commands a good price. I think I remember the last copy to appear on ebay sold for over £80, so if you could find a copy a lot cheaper elsewhere you would have something amazing in your collection.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really never understood why Moonstone is the most rare Amiga game. As a game was not the best, and I believe that there are more collectable games than this.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There seemed to be so few copies actually sold at retail. I've never personally seen a real copy of the game. Everyone I ever knew with an Amiga only had a cracked copy, and I got mine from a friend that way. Never saw it in any UL stores at the time either. Very strange. It is basically just because it is so rare to find a copy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all,

Well Harrison, I pretty much have all those adventures already on the PC, not sure if I really need the version on another platform.
    I have indeed been thinking about Moonstone and Dungeon Master, annoying thing is how expensive the auctions of these games on Ebay usually.

Turrican II sounds like a good choice should I have some money again as I really liked it when I played it years ago.
    Just snooped around on German Ebay and found this; http://www.ebay.de/itm/Turrican-II-2...item3a6c9cb3ca

Really great condition but that is really expensive.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    There seemed to be so few copies actually sold at retail. I've never personally seen a real copy of the game. Everyone I ever knew with an Amiga only had a cracked copy, and I got mine from a friend that way. Never saw it in any UL stores at the time either. Very strange. It is basically just because it is so rare to find a copy.
    If I remember that game was not allowed to be sold in Germany back then? Well if yes, germans made this a collector's item then (obviously)!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Moonstone is definitely on my list, but for now I really would like to get Second Samurai AGA version for a reasonable price.
    I would also like to get Brides of Dracula but that is more for novelty's sake rather than that its a great game to play.

I bought Brides of Dracula on budget for £7 at the time. Had many hours of fun playing that with friends. Great days.