Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

CD32 and my games collection

No doubt I'm not the first to say (or feel) this, but it's not great to come on here and make the first post a 'For Sale' one. After all these years of keeping the faith and secretly checking new pc motherboards for B52 songnames, I have to sell the last bit of physical Amiganess in my possession. For about 4 years, my CD32 was my main and only computer - ok, I added the SX1 expansion, a hard drive, 2 floppies, a keyboard, mouse, Philips monitor and tons of Aminet CDs but you get the point. I did move to an A1200 which I converted to a tower and added a 68040 to, but that was sold a few years ago because the tower was just huge (an Eyetech one I think, with PC floppy converter and some other goodies). Aaaanyway. I kept the CD32 as it was small and I hoped that one day it would get its chance. Fastforward several years and it now has to go. *sniffle*

I'm selling it on Ebay -
    CD32, 1 competition pro pad, SCART cable and PSU

My CD32 Games

This might sound funny but I was *this* close to keeping Heimdall 2 and Heroquest just as keepsakes because I had such good times playing them. Then I wanted to keep Pirates!Gold also, and this and that, and before I knew it I was keeping the lot. So I decided they all have to go - I still have the memories of playing them. Ok, I lie, I wasn't going to keep Microcosm - was anyone else as disappointed as I was when it finally came out?

Well, that's it - I still emulate for the odd game of Eye of the Beholder and Dune II, so you might catch me sloping around for UAE settings but for hardware, it's a tearful farewell.

Mario
    Last edited by zorba_g; 18th November 2011 at 18:16. Reason: added ebay links

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck with your sale. I hope you manage to get what you want for it. A sad day indeed to have to see the last of your Amigas go.

Regarding Microcosm. I got it included in the CD32 bundle I bought, along with a load of other better games. The intro movie brew me away. At the time it looked amazing and so professional for a gaming company to have made, but the game itself was complete rubbish. Hardly any interaction other than basically moving a ship shaped cursor around the screen trying to shoot sprites and avoid hitting them and dying.

For me, the one game I would keep regardless of owning an Amiga or not, would be Frontier: Elite 2. I still have a good condition boxed copy and it isn't going anywhere. Favourite game on the CD32 was probably Diggers. Great game.

See you also mentioned EotB and Dune II. A couple of the best AAA titles ever made on the Amiga IMO.

Hope you stick around and post some more on the forums. You might have had to give up your Amigas but I can tell your passion for the system lives on, even via emulation.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To quote the kids, O*M*G. Frontier was awesome. I think it's the first game I preordered and bought outside of Christmas and birthday times - a true coming of age. I used to load it up just for the music, at least until I discovered aminet and ftp. I remember bragging to upstart PC fans that the Amiga version was only 47k or some sort of urban myth. I think that went with my A1200 as it was floppy based. EotB was just spectacular - my brother, cousin and I essentially played it as a coop. One used the mouse and drew a map, the other the keyboard. Ooo, and I noticed someone mentioned Bloodwych the other day. That game was my intro into disc based games on my CPC464 - simply awesome two player rpg. Thou dost offer trash!

I'm sure I saw mention of Elite 3 on Mr Braben's site recently but I doubt there will be an Amiga version.

On the auctions - I have set no reserve, as it's not about the cash. I believe that the sort of person who will look at the auctions for Amiga stuff is someone who has time and space for proper retro gaming so basically I will happy for them to go to a good home. I have kept some floppies (namely my Monkey Island save disc and my brother's AMOS disc) just for sentimental reasons mind - no idea how I would read them now. In fact - I might have a MOD file that I wrote on one of them, maybe I will have to find a friendly soul to copy them onto modern media.

Or maybe I'll have to buy a cheeky little A600 for the corner!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there,

Do you still have that SX-1 expansion? If yes, then I might be interested in that.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog