Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAME v144

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is also more for the collecting for me also, just to know I have the complete set. However I do sometimes give them a play just to see how well the emulation has improved. And actually with a more recent PC most of them are now pretty playable, unlike 3 or 4 years ago when you were more likely to get a slideshow because the framerates were so slow. A quad core CPU with a decent GPU will give a good stab at running most of them. If you haven't played any of them in some time give some a go. There are some good games mixed in with more obscure. Definitely worth trying Streetfighter 3, Killer Instinct, Star Wars Trilogy, Simpson's bowling, and Blitz.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just realized I do actually download some of the newer games including the CHDs, like Street Fighter 3 and Killer Instinct but run them in a dedicated emulator rather than MAME.

I'll certainly look at updating a few of those mention above in MAME too, but no way can I hold a complete set like you guys. Perhaps when I get a Blueray burner.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Years ago I used to backup my sets to DVD-R, but not for a long time. These days I just hold 2 copies of the sets, mirrored between 2 systems (download server and emulation PC).

DC has a better setup, using is NAS to store the lot, which has a RAID setup to protect it, and that is the best solution, if a little expensive.

But at the moment with the increase HDD prices it definitely isn't a good time to get into large rom sets, that is for sure.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 23rd November 2011 at 05:02. Reason: RIAD ;)

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!