Is anyone planning on playing this new Star Wars MMORPG when it is released on the 20th December?

It is shaping up to be something quite special, looking at all the preview videos.

The initial pre-release purchase gets you a couple of small bonus items in-game, plus a 30 day subscription to get started, plus preordering gets you a code to gain access to extra content on the official website www.swtor.com.

If enough people were going to play this then it would be great to all join up in the game on release and experience it together. I'm more sure who or what I would play in the game. Republic or Empire. Or the species or profession. Smuggler could be interesting, and less predictable that Jedi. Equally going with a Republic Commando would create some Clone War style gameplay and could be fun. Equally the Sith professions look very interesting, especially the Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agent. Although being a Bounty Hunter would be cool too. A lot of possibilities to explore. I hope they allow multiple character creation so these can all be explored in parallel.