Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    One from eBay would probably be the best buy, you can even then ask the seller which fw it has.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm wondering is it worth anyone buying a phat PS3 these days? Or should they go with the Slim? I have the newer Slim and am more than happy with it, but then I am not interesting in hacking it as I want the online access for the PS Store and online gaming. However I would be interested in getting a second one at some point to run custom FW so I can play some of the games I don't want to actually buy, and to explore other homebrew and emulation on the platform.

The older 60GB Phat PS3 definitely had a higher failure rate over the slim, but had more features and did look better IMO.

Without reading back though the CFW release lists, do that now offer PS2 gameplay support (i.e. give back owners this ability) as well as PS1? And also do they allow playing of PS1 and PS2 ISOs as well as CD-R and DVD-Rs? If they do then I am very tempted as I could then pack my PS2's and PS1 away and use use a hacked PS3 for all Playstation gaming.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Should go with a slim one, why buying a phat, CFW is the same for both.

Not everything supports PS2 games yet, you would have to buy the Cobra USB dongle to play PS2 games. Don't know if you can run them fom disc though?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps something interesting for you.

There's a program called ONE released today, which you install under 3.41 or 3.55, and it lets you run PSX games from disc, but does not support running them from HDD.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I might wait a bit longer to see what further developments happen as things seem to be moving quickly.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    True Blue v2.2 is now released, and supports booting 3.60+ games from HDD, no need to burn to BD anymore.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nice.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    True Blue seems to be quite a dongle to go with, yesterday they already released patches for The Darkness 2, Binary Domain, SSX and Mass Effect 3. Quite fast!!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After all this talk of modding....I just sit here and think, so much effort! I research then buy a game, smash it, move onto the next....always waiting for the games to be old so they are cheap. It seems so much effort to keep ahead of Sony...ugg I must be getting old
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally I'm modding consoles asap, but I've been the same with the PS3 so far. I'm not too bothered with getting most games on release, and am happy to wait until their initial interest dies down and they appear secondhand on ebay for next to nothing. I picked up a load of PS3 games this way and have a nice collection. I do buy the odd new game if it is something I really want, but other than that I'm prepared to wait for most.

Saying that, I am still tempted to get a second PS3 to mod if I saw one cheap, as I love to mod/hack games consoles and see what I can do with them... especially with the power the PS3 has.