Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lost Patrol

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While browsing through a Lost Patrol fansite, I found a snippet of information which may be the explanation to my woes.

Hi!

I got real problems playing the game. Every time I get to the mountains and the map scrolls one page to the right, my men die away and put grenades in my bag and all that, so I lose the game. Before the scrolling everything is fine - no dead, no injured, morale around 85, health too.. what's happening? Would be nice if you mailed me some ideas. Oh, I get there around 12 o clock of day 2.

Seems like there are some players who encountered the exact same problem I did, yet the majority of people didn't. The reason for this is that there were actually two versions of the game in circulation - a pre-release version, and a final (working) version. The pre-release version appeared to contain several bugs, some of which may have been crippling enough to prevent completion of the game. The above-mentioned bug was one of them.

Whether there's a way around this, I don't know, but at least it's shed some light on the matter.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's interesting. Do you have both versions of the game so you can try the final working version of the game to see if it then works correctly?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have the (supposedly) buggy version on disk. I might try an emulated version on WinUAE to see if the bug can be reproduced.

For everyone who has experienced trouble completing the game, at least you know now that it may have been due to this problem.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear that you found at what the problem was, Sharingan. I've never had that particular problem myself though, so I guess my version of The Lost Patrol must have been ok.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have now also added screenshots for Lost Patrol, have a look. I don't know if they are any good and represent the games' atmosphere well, as I have never played it so far.

Only thing is, I can't get a title screen of it, there's only the one from OCEAN, and then the game starts immediately. If someone has a title screenshot, please add it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have the game, but now only have the music as a ringtone on my phone.

Mind you, I found out I still have my original Gauntlet II for the Atari ST...
    This is not a signature

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I have now also added screenshots for Lost Patrol, have a look. I don't know if they are any good and represent the games' atmosphere well, as I have never played it so far.

Only thing is, I can't get a title screen of it, there's only the one from OCEAN, and then the game starts immediately. If someone has a title screenshot, please add it.
    I notice you used the pre-release version to take the screenshots (the time bar at the top is coloured white - it's green in the final version) perhaps there's a title screen in the final release version.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that is quite an annoying bug! Geez, as if that would even get released...
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 versions, one called Lost Patrol, and one called Lost Patrol v1.0, I suppose latter is the original release.

I now tested v1.0 and it's exactly the same, hasn't a title screen either.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 6th July 2007 at 16:52. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged