Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @ H

Sure thing, ....60Hz on LCD does not hurt the eyes.

With a CRT monitor, 60Hz will seriously damage your eyes over a short time.

CRT 75Hz annoys a lot of users, including me....

& even 85Hz does not look the same as 100Hz & I'm still on about the Desktop, not being in a Game & needing MAX FPS with VSync on... Now a thing of the past almost.

@ Thread

RE an RGB to VGA adapter for this monitor, be sure to get a C= one for best compatibility. Apparently, most aftermarket ones are not Buffered like the original Commodore ones.
    Not touting for business either, but I have a genuine C= RGB to VGA adapter here....

£10 + Shipping if anyone wants it?

Also, if this monitor does do DblPAL as Stephen states, that monitor has to be almost in "Multi-sync" Territory.
    VGA is 31Khz & DblPAL is 27Khz. Back in the day, you had to have a true Multi-Sync monitor for some of the Amiga Screen modes & certainly a Flicker Fixer at worst to keep things stable. The Scan Doubling feature got rid of horizontal CRT lines so playing games from an A3KD looked as slick as you like & almost like it does on an LCD. - In some ways, it was better....

I kinda wish I'd had the pleasure of this monitors company when I had my Amiga collection a few years ago. All I ever loved was DblPAL for a desktop in the A4KD/T days but just hated the Desktop real Estate required for a 21/22" CRT. - The HEAT was almost unbearable too.
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 2nd December 2016 at 10:38.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I want to buy a new Dell monitor, as my sight started to worsen since 2 years, I want to get a 27" monitor. I'm just between the Dell S2715H and the Dell U2715H.

Ultrasharp or not? The S model is almost half the price, 239€ compared to 467€. Does anyone have experience with those?

The S is a 1080p model whereas the U has a resolution of 2560x1440. Plus the S model is a glossy, and some people are reporting that it is almost like having a mirror, and they don't like it, the U is matte.
    Dont think they have any composite or component so I doubt they work for an Amiga
    Sorry, perhaps this was in the wrong thread, I want it for use on a PC, not Amiga

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @DC. I've got a U2711 which is a 2560x1440 monitor. I've owned it since they came out and never regretted it. Amazing colour accuracy and thr resolution is really nice for a 27". Mine has a matt anti reflective screen which I always make sure mine have. I would definitely not get one with a gloss screen as they do reflect everything and get static dust quite quickly.

Some of the Dell u27xx later models have less inputs, but if you only want it for PC then that's not a problem. Best input to use is Displayport, but you can also use a dual link DVI cable (both types of cable come with the monitor).

I would recommend looking for the older U2711 if you can as the price will be similar, but it's more feature rich compared to the later models in the 27" range. It is a great monitor.

BTW, with my NVidia 970 I can easily play most games in 2560x1440 native resolution with high settings with no problem. Just to give you an idea.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally I would go with the higher resolution, but whether you go with that might depend on your eye sight, especially if it has got worse.

Can't say I really see the point in glossy screens. Never have done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back to Amiga use... Q for the tech gurus.. I don't have a real Amiga right now but may well buy one soon and I wanted to test some monitors for compatibility with Amiga use. It seems a RPi can be persuaded to output 15Khz from a GERT666 VGA board https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjUBQKyeWlQ and I am wondering if to simulate the Amiga output I need to leave HSync and VSync separate or join them. If the latter could I just attach two wires to the pins in a VGA cable to make join, or should I get a gender changer and join the wires inside that? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=381876614165

I may have confused ST video (where I think H & V sync need to be combined). Sorry if it seems obvious to you guys WITH tech knowledge!!! :-)

If I can find a suitable monitor for ST/Amiga use then I may as well invest in Pawel's VGA adapter....

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't remember at the moment. I know most RGB scart issues with the Amiga are normally wrong sync wiring. Maybe look at the scart lead wiring diagram as they will show you the sync setup.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Harrison; 9th December 2016 at 15:41.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy Grail of Amiga RGB to Scart.

http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/am...iga_scart.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are a couple of shots of my Amiga Workbench on the U2410. I prefer DblPAL Hi Res No Flicker as it gives the most amount of real estate that results in the least amount of distortion. There is also no readjustment between it and 15KHz modes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    can this os support all type amiga games ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    @ jdryyz

DblPAL is all I ever ran on my A4000 & NEC 3FG 15" Multisync but shouldn't you be using DblNTSC in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by jacky998877 View Post
    can this os support all type amiga games ?
    Pretty much.....

With a Real Amiga:
    Most game incompatibilities can be adjusted on the early Startup screen by selecting an earlier chipset &/or disabling the CPU Cache's.
    There were some games where Coders took shortcuts in their programming & consequently wouldn't run on any CPU over 68000. Some of these still failed even for reducing chipset & some work if WHDLoad is used to run them.
    Whilst A1200/4000 AGA machines have these backward capabilities, Earlier Amiga's require a ROM Switcher.

With Emulation:
    No comment. There isn't a single Emulat0r that can Scroll as smoothly as an Amiga can do it sideways & up and down.
    Last edited by Kin Hell; 12th December 2016 at 10:35.