Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kin Hell: I can confirm that the U2410 supports below 30kHz as that was the whole point of this thread!

Methanoid: I don't have an Amiga set up at the moment, but I'll try out some different screen modes later when I get the chance. I can confirm that DblPal works; there's a photo of it earlier in this thread, but the monitor seemed to be stuck in 'widescreen' mode which didn't look too good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    15khz Amiga VGA RGB Adapter from electronica4u.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/electronika4you/

Attachment 1109
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sold mine for £1 on Amibay.. DOH!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Kin Hell: I can confirm that the U2410 supports below 30kHz as that was the whole point of this thread!

<snip>
    Sure & I can se that from your earlier pics, but why isn't it included in the Monitor Spec?
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the monitors on the Atari forum list do t officially support 15khz but they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Kin. It's something Dell have not mentioned in their official docs on most of their monitors that do support lower ranges. It's not mentioned for my u2711 either, but the fact the monitor can sync down to 15kHz via VGA input is true. Plus other inputs such a composite. They also have component inputs capable of 1080p (I run a PS2 and original Xbox using this). Plus lots of other inputs including 2x DVI, HDMI and Display port.

They are very nice monitors, and because they are designed mainly for the design and photography industry they come factory colour calibrated and support AdobeRGB and SRGB colour spaces. Very nice to work with in photoshop and when editing video.

Only downfall that I know would put you off would be the 60Hz refresh rate at the native 2560x1440 on my u2711. But for most of us we really don't notice the difference above this. I used to notice it on CRT a lot and hated running monitors lower than 85Hz because I was sat in front of one all day, but that's due to CRT refresh flicker, which is absent from lcd and led panels. You have to remember though that these monitors are not aimed directly at the gaming market where you will find the only 120Hz+ capable monitors. It's not needed for the design industry.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I reckon its not included in the specs because its probably not intended to be used at 15kHz. Its probably just a by product of the monitor also having TV inputs.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed. Although because the monitor can accept legacy tv inputs it does mean it intentionally supports 15kHz. Although I think most people are surprised the VGA port does as most other monitors don't.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to buy a new Dell monitor, as my sight started to worsen since 2 years, I want to get a 27" monitor. I'm just between the Dell S2715H and the Dell U2715H.

Ultrasharp or not? The S model is almost half the price, 239€ compared to 467€. Does anyone have experience with those?

The S is a 1080p model whereas the U has a resolution of 2560x1440. Plus the S model is a glossy, and some people are reporting that it is almost like having a mirror, and they don't like it, the U is matte.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I want to buy a new Dell monitor, as my sight started to worsen since 2 years, I want to get a 27" monitor. I'm just between the Dell S2715H and the Dell U2715H.

Ultrasharp or not? The S model is almost half the price, 239€ compared to 467€. Does anyone have experience with those?

The S is a 1080p model whereas the U has a resolution of 2560x1440. Plus the S model is a glossy, and some people are reporting that it is almost like having a mirror, and they don't like it, the U is matte.
    Dont think they have any composite or component so I doubt they work for an Amiga