Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually purchased the U2410, used, on eBay, as I had read it was 100% compatible with the Amiga (I read somewhere the U2412M does not display all 15KHz resolutions), and am now slightly disappointed to witness this behaviour on PIP

I also have a Dell 2001FP and every time it starts, on full screen VGA, the behaviour is similar - screen moved to the left. But in that case, as it's full screen, I can adjust it properly (although it becomes painful doing it on every reboot)

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately I think you are just going to have to put up with it. The monitors specification doesn't actually say it will support the Amiga modes, and you usually have to take pot luck with these things anyway. Personally, I'm grateful that it works as well as it does.

Are there many other monitors around these days which will work with the Amiga's 15kHz modes?

I also have a Dell 2001FP and every time it starts, on full screen VGA, the behaviour is similar - screen moved to the left. But in that case, as it's full screen, I can adjust it properly (although it becomes painful doing it on every reboot)
    Are you adjusting the monitor on each reboot, or adjusting the Amiga on each reboot?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Unfortunately I think you are just going to have to put up with it. The monitors specification doesn't actually say it will support the Amiga modes, and you usually have to take pot luck with these things anyway. Personally, I'm grateful that it works as well as it does.

Are there many other monitors around these days which will work with the Amiga's 15kHz modes?
    Severall Dell models do: ST2320L, ST2420L, SR2320L, U2412M. The U2410 has several features that make them appealing to Amiga users (PIP, 16:10, etc), hence my choice

Are you adjusting the monitor on each reboot, or adjusting the Amiga on each reboot?
    For each Amiga reboot (or cold boot), I have to adjust the monitor.

This doesn't happen on composite though, but the image quality of composite is inferior to the RGB-VGA.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds a bit strange. Do you have any other Amigas that you could try, to see if it happen on any others?

My monitor seems to remember the settings fine for my A1200.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds a bit strange. Do you have any other Amigas that you could try, to see if it happen on any others?

My monitor seems to remember the settings fine for my A1200.
    I can probably try my A600 to see if the same thing happens, but I think the issue is reported by many other Amiga enthusiasts who have the Dell 2001FP

Guess I have yet to find the "perfect" Amiga monitor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am considering the purchase of the U2410 for use with my A500. As I intend to use it full screen (4:3), the PiP option is not important to me. I am only concerned about how smoothly the vertical and horizontal scrolling is in both NTSC and PAL HiRes screenmodes.

Interlace mode is just a curiosity, as there are only a few games that use that display mode, but it would be nice if it handles that good as well.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
    I am considering the purchase of the U2410 for use with my A500. As I intend to use it full screen (4:3), the PiP option is not important to me. I am only concerned about how smoothly the vertical and horizontal scrolling is in both NTSC and PAL HiRes screenmodes.

Interlace mode is just a curiosity, as there are only a few games that use that display mode, but it would be nice if it handles that good as well.
    Hi jdryyz.

By scrolling, do you mean like in games? If so, then its OK. Its not as good as a CRT monitor, but I'd say its quite usable.

The interlaced modes do work on the U2410. I'll post a picture later on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, mostly as it pertains to games, but I would hope text-based scrolling (via the Workbench) would also look good. I would be curious about both interlaced and non-interlaced screen performance with regard to vertical scrolling. Any artifacts?

Hi jdryyz.

By scrolling, do you mean like in games? If so, then its OK. Its not as good as a CRT monitor, but I'd say its quite usable.

The interlaced modes do work on the U2410. I'll post a picture later on.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    For scrolling in games, its not as good as a CRT monitor. There is a little bit of blurring, but whether or not that is a problem would be a matter of personal preference.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's more an issue with how LCD screen technology works compared to CRT. Remember you removing flickering too which is a big plus over CRT, especially in higher interlaced screenmodes.

But the best way to get the best image is still to use an Amiga scan doubler and flicker fixer, such as an Indivision, or the cheaper GBS8220.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!