Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here we currently have the U2412M, which is the one two guys bought and are using hapilly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for reviving this topic, but I just got a U2410 to use my Amiga with, and on PIP, the left side of my A1200's image is cut. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi pedrorq.

Do you mean like in this photo? Here, the left side is chopped off, and there is a blank space at the right. The Amiga is in PAL mode. I don't think there is anything you could do about this as the PIP box doesn't have any configuration options.

IMG_2438.jpg

However, if using Workbench, you could adjust the overscan setting to make the Workbench Screen fit as in this photo. I reckon it is probably just caused by some incompatibility with the Amiga's screen mode.

IMG_2439.jpg

DblPAL HiRes No Flicker works fine in PIP:

IMG_2440.jpg

But for some reason, when displayed full screen, the monitor thinks that DblPAL HiRes No Flicker is 1080i, and forces it to widescreen mode:

IMG_2441.jpg

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm wondering if it is because of the way the Amiga uses overscan?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Stephen, thank you for your patience and for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Hi pedrorq.

Do you mean like in this photo? Here, the left side is chopped off, and there is a blank space at the right. The Amiga is in PAL mode. I don't think there is anything you could do about this as the PIP box doesn't have any configuration options.
    That's exactly what happens to me I can make it slightly better by adjusting the VGA settings before I activate PIP, but still lose a (smaller) section.

You mentioned PAL mode. I tried booting the A1200 in NTSC, same issue.

However, if using Workbench, you could adjust the overscan setting to make the Workbench Screen fit as in this photo. I reckon it is probably just caused by some incompatibility with the Amiga's screen mode.
    I'm afraid my techie skills are not the greatest when it comes to the Amiga Where can I find this overscan setting? Also, does it stay "saved" between sessions or does it require adjusting every time I start the Amiga?

DblPAL HiRes No Flicker works fine in PIP:

But for some reason, when displayed full screen, the monitor thinks that DblPAL HiRes No Flicker is 1080i, and forces it to widescreen mode:
    I confess to not knowing what DblPal HiRes is

Interestingly, my 2nd monitor is a Dell 2001FP that also works nicely with the amiga, but also with a few columns chopped on the left.

Thanks again!
    Pedro

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    How is the U2412M anyway? I wanted to buy one already over one year ago, but still use my older Samsung 22". It's not mandatory to buy one, but I always thought it was a good monitor. My online shop sells it for 236€ at the moment.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrorq View Post
    I'm afraid my techie skills are not the greatest when it comes to the Amiga Where can I find this overscan setting? Also, does it stay "saved" between sessions or does it require adjusting every time I start the Amiga?
    Open up your Workbench disk, and open up the 'Prefs' drawer. Overscan is one of the icons in the prefs drawer. If you press the Save button, it will save it for when you are using Workbench. However, it won't affect any games, so if you end up missing parts of the screen when playing games, I think you'll just have to put up with it. The Overscan controls are quite handy as they allow you to make the best use of whatever available space you have on your particular monitor.

I confess to not knowing what DblPal HiRes is
    DblPal and Multiscan are some other video modes which the Amiga 1200 can use. They have a higher horizontal frequency (around 30kHz) than the PAL and NTSC modes, so are better for VGA monitors. They also have a higher resolution, so you can get more usable space on the screen.

Hope that helps.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @DC. The Dell monitors are brilliant. Very nice crisp display with very accurate colours. Plus a great stand with sturdy build quality and loads of inputs for nearly anything you can think of. The only thing many people find takes a bit of time to get used to is the matt coating on the screen which removes all reflection. Being from a design background I'm used to this and prefer it, but it still took me a bit to get used to it on these monitors.

They also have a great OSD allowing for you to set everything you could think of.

I however own the larger 27" Dell U2711 which is the much bigger brother to the U2410 and has a higher resolution of 2560x1440 which I find very useful as it's the same width as an older dual monitor setup.

Just be careful buying one these days because some of the newer models are cut down versions compared to the original U2410. I think it was the U2412 or maybe another model which didn't have any of the extra inputs and only came with DVI, VGA and HDMI which isn't as useful as having all the inputs such as component, composite, displayport, dual DVI etc.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have the U2713 now, and it's 529€, so over double the price for 3 inches!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 2713 might not be the same spec though.

But the 27" version is definitely worth it for the extra resolution you get... 2560x1440 compared to 1920x1200.