Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Forza 4 with kinect

hi, last weekend an MyGames Sansung 2011 here in Portugal, Microsoft did a small conference about Forza 4, kinect, and the new wireless wheel.

The new game has interection with kinect, so when you are driving and someone is overtaking you, you can move your head to the side to look for the oponent, and the screen will show you that "head movement".

Looks good, but i didnt saw it, the games were beta, and not ready for it yet.
    I also saw the new wireless wheel. Didnt try it, but peeple who drive with it, didn't like, since you dont have the wheel connected to anything, it is on the air, your arms will become heavy after some time...
    Nothing like a good whell i would say...

but about Forza 4, it really looks good, great graphics, and looks like a real simulator !!
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forza 4 definitely does look very nice from the demos I've seen, and it is released in only a couple of weeks. I don't own a 360, but the Forza series is one of the things that would persuade me to buy one. For the moment GT5 and other racing games on PC and PS3 are enough.

I also agree about wireless wheels. I hated them on the Wii as it just doesn't feel right trying to steer a car in a game by holding something in the air; it just feels wrong. Steering wheels need to be fixed to something, and as you say your arms get heavy very quickly.

Interesting idea about using kinect to change in game views, but it sounds like a gimmick to me and I imagine most people would only try it once to see it working then forget it and get on with racing.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post

Interesting idea about using kinect to change in game views, but it sounds like a gimmick to me and I imagine most people would only try it once to see it working then forget it and get on with racing.
    Plus, if you turn your head you've got to then look out the corner of your eye at the screen... Doesn't sound too great to me.

I still haven't tried Kinect, I really can't say I'm too bothered by it really.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post

Plus, if you turn your head you've got to then look out the corner of your eye at the screen... Doesn't sound too great to me.

I still haven't tried Kinect, I really can't say I'm too bothered by it really.
    Yes, i feel the same, i think it will be a bit like in the 90s when we saw the virtual reality helmet, it was fun to try it with Doom clones, but in the end nobody used it...
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And the same at the moment with 3D TVs. Great talking point and fun for a bit to demo it, but you ultimately get bored of it after a while and don't want to watch it and be wearing the glasses. I think 3D will only come into its own and take over when they develop real 3D holographic TV that sits in front of you on a table. That will be perfect for live performances such as concerts, theatre, opera and sport.

And back to game. I was thinking exactly the same about turning your head. How would you then see the screen. Have multiple screens in PC games makes more sense as you would then have the wrap around experience and actually be able to look to the side of your view and see it.

The problem at the moment is they are developing all these new technologies, but not knowing really what to do with it. A bit like the early days of CD. All that space, but what do we fill it with. Some technology comes slightly before its time.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!