Hybrid View

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

D-Fend Reloaded v1.2

A new version of D-Fend Reloaded (frontend for DOSBox) has been released.

Changes:

- Updated DOSZip from 2.08 to 2.17.
    - Added about 300 new auto setup templates.
    - New "Select by" option in the profiles export dialog: Games for which there is no auto setup template.
    - New option to create package list xml files for plain archive files.
    - In the extra program files dialog of the profile editor parameters for the additional program files can be entered now.
    - New function in the icons manager to add all icons from a selected folder and its subfolders.
    - Setup option to allow or block multiple instances of D-Fend Reloaded at the same time.
    - New option to setup the font style (bold, italic, underlined) for normal games list entries.
    - D-Fend Reloaded can store up to 9 internet addresses per profile now.
    - Setup option to use the image viewer as a non-modal window.
    - New option to change pixel shader settings in the multiple profiles editor.
    - More ScummVM settings in the multiple profiles editor.
    - The modes "hardware2x" and "hardware3x" will be added automatically to the scalers list when activating the pixel shader GUI.
    - New input fields on the MIDI page of the profile editor to setup MT32.
    - Now you can set up custom DOSBox settings per DOSBox installation, too.
    - Improved detection if the per profile keyboard mapper file is the same as the global keyboard mapper file on the keyboard page of the profile editor.
    - Additional user-defined command line parameters can be passed to ScummVM now.
    - Now the icon manager will show icons located in sub folders of the icons folder, too.
    - Some smaller improvements to the first run wizard.
    - [Fix] Incompatibility with ScummVM 1.3.x is fixed.
    - [Fix] Storing the order of user defined columns in the games list did not work correctly.
    - [Fix] The package manager can handle splitted packages larger than 2 GB from local sources now.
    - [Fix] The options "Video chipset" and "Video RAM" in the multiple profiles editor did not work correctly.
    - [Fix] Displaying multiple bmp files in the screenshots previewer did not work correctly.
    - [Fix] Opening the profile editor for an auto setup template could rise an expection under some conditions.
    - [Fix] The function "Convert absolute to relative paths" from the service page of the program options dialog could rise an expection under some conditions.
    - [Fix] Clicking the down button to reorder the list of user-defined emulators on the "Other emulators" setup dialog page cause some settings to be overwritten.
    - [Fix] The names of the user-defined emulators in the dropdown box on the "Other emulators" setup dialog page were not always correct.
    - [Fix] When filtering the games list by emulation type when selecting "Windows" also games using some user-defined emulators were listed.
    - [Fix] The download/copy progress dialog shows wrong percent values in the caption when copying large files from local sources.
    - [Fix] When changing the program language the language of the entries in the games list columns listbox did not change at once.
    - [Fix] The list available of licenses was not displayed correctly in the "Select by" menu.
    - [Fix] The preferences for opening text, image and video files were not respected when opening files from the data folder via the context or the profile menu.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice.

I keep meaning to reinstall this as I don't have it setup at the moment. Think I will give the new version a go.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't try it out since a long time either, and I always thought about setting it up once again, and get some games running. But this is again something very time consuming, if you want to do it the right way.

I also have the ExoDOS sets from PD, which seem to be nice too, running under the Meagre emulator. Didn't try them yet either.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aw! I don't have these ExoDOS sets. Do you have a link to them?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just go to PD, or UG, I think they have them too, depending on your ratio. The normal ExoDOS set is about 100GB, and they have also an ExoDOS RPG set, which is, if I remember right 20GB.

The point of this collection is to start the games straight away without having to install anything by yourself. Great stuff imo.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That does sound good, because a lot of the time I'm put off bothering with DOSBox to run an old PC game because of the work needed to create and fiddle with the scripts needed to get each game to work properly (just like the old days of gaming on a PC).