Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UAE Wii 5.1

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

UAE Wii 5.1

Another version has been released, never tried Amiga emulation on Wii though.

http://code.google.com/p/uae-wii/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've still not tried Amiga emulation on the Wii yet either. Keep meaning to, but I know it isn't as good as emulators on other platforms, which has stopped me putting time aside to give it a go. I probably will at some point, but at the moment I'm hooked on Android emulators. Great fun and a perfect platform for them too.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll have to give this a go as well.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really can't muster much enthusiasm for the Wii anymore, even with emulators and the like.

It was fun while it lasted, but really I haven't touched it for probably 2 years now. Should've sold it a long time ago.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    IIt was fun while it lasted, but really I haven't touched it for probably 2 years now. Should've sold it a long time ago.
    Same here. Only keeping it for the sake of it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It definitely has the novelty factor, just like 3DTV or Kenect.

We also haven't really used our Wii that much in recent times. We will like the odd game of Golf on it because that is still fun. And we were addicted to Wii Party for a while, but the selection of mini games became boring and repetitive after a while. The Wii really hasn't seen any triple A games released since its early days of Mario Galaxy and Sonic and Mario Olympics, and Zelda. There really hasn't been anything of note I can think of in recent times.

Compare this to the 360 and PS3 and they are both seeing some very nice releases in recent times.

Maybe Nintendo are just ditching first party Wii development early and concentrating on that horrible next console of theirs.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It definitely has the novelty factor, just like 3DTV or Kenect.
    It's a real shame, as at first I loved the Wii, but that faded all too quickly. I think the party gaming aspect came at a time when my social life was changing away from drinking and gaming with the boys all the time to going out for dinner and conversation with couples or groups. Resi 4 and Mario Galaxy were awesome though, top top notch.

3DTV and Kinect really hold so little interest for me. I haven't even been bothered to try demo units at shops or have a go at friends houses.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by J T
    came at a time when my social life was changing away from drinking and gaming with the boys all the time
    ..this period is supposed to end!?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Teho View Post
    came at a time when my social life was changing away from drinking and gaming with the boys all the time
    ..this period is supposed to end!?
    The only thing that changed for me would be ALL THE TIME. Still love to go sometimes for a drink ALONE with my friends.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding Nintendo, have you all noticed how the press are currently saying the 3DS has had very disappointing sales and it looking like it could be a failure for Nintendo? I heard this mentioned again recently on an episode of the BBC tech show Click and I realised I actually hadn't seen the 3DS anywhere recently in physical stores, or being promoted online. Complete contrast to normal for Nintendo, having been used to seeing Nintendo Characters everywhere promoting their latest hardware on billboards, TV and McDonald's, to name but a few. And until even last Christmas the NDSi and NDS-XL were being really heavily advertised. Very odd.