For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice utility for Windows - Link Shell Extension

I know how Classic Amiga users like a PC tip from time to time, so here is another I stumbled across today.

If you need to make Symbolic links or Junctions (a lot like the good old Amiga Assign command, redirecting folders or files to new locations) then there is a great shell extension to do just that:

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinks...kshellext.html

You can use mklink from a command prompt in Windows 7, but this is far easier as you just right click in explorer.

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm running my Firefox profile from a NTFS RAMdisk and need to redirect some of the sqlite databases (eg bookmarks) to hard drive locations so they can survive a reboot. Hoping this will get the job done!

As you can imagine, being able to relocate stubborn applications files and folders to where you want them can come in handy.
    Last edited by Bloodwych; 23rd September 2011 at 21:30.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds interesting, although I don't have any practical uses I can think of at the moment. Still, at least I now know about it in case I do in the future. Thanks.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!