Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Back from vacations with ... lemurs and photos

hi,
    just returned from vacations!!

One of the days i went into a park "Badoka park" they have Lemurs there! nice litle animals !!
    I was able to feed them. The park is here in Portugal, and i did a small safari in a truck, quite cool

a nice Macro i did with my Nikon D70:

and some more pictures from the park: (lemurs included)
    Pictures from the park:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1025638...BadocaPark2011
    A500 - A600 - A1200

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back, Tiago! Good to hear that you've had a nice vacation. Cool pictures by the way! I liked the one where the girl has an owl on her head.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great pics. The macro one doesn't show though, but was it the same as the dragon fly one? If so that was really nicely taken.

Although the Nikon D70 is getting quite old now you definitely managed to get some very nice photographs with it. What lenses are you using? Have you read the reviews of the latest Nikons? The D7000 is a very nice camera, and your existing lenses would work with it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You always teasing people to buy new stuff

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Great pics. The macro one doesn't show though, but was it the same as the dragon fly one? If so that was really nicely taken.

Although the Nikon D70 is getting quite old now you definitely managed to get some very nice photographs with it. What lenses are you using? Have you read the reviews of the latest Nikons? The D7000 is a very nice camera, and your existing lenses would work with it.
    The macro doenst show? just try now and i was able to see it, yes it's the same dragn fly in a diferent angle. No photoshop on it.
    the dragon fly was shot as almost 2.5 meters away with no tripod, so i could say it's a nice photo... :-)

Lens:
    50 f1.4 fi 052 (Nikon)
    18-70 f3.5 4.5 067(Nikon)
    28-105 f2.8 4.0 072 (Sigma)
    70-300 f3.5 5.6 058 (Sigma)
    50 macro f2.8 fix 055 (Sigma)

Yap D7000 is cool... My D70 it was from my father. He passed away 2 years ago, we really liked photos, he had a F70 and D70 that i am now using, i am still learnig about photografy.
    I dont know much about it, but i am staring the get some nice photos, so far, the D70 is more enough for me :-)
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know your father had passed away. Sorry to hear this. I remember you were building the model railway together.

He left you a very nice range of lenses. Good investment of glass there that will allow you to take a very wide range of photography.

The f2.8 macro is perfect for being able to take shots and not worry too much about light or the need for a flash. And the f1.4 you have will be brilliant for very low light and long exposure night photography. Do you also have an external flash gun? If not that is definitely a great investment as it will make the biggest difference for images needing a flash, compared to using an in built flash.

With a DSLR, the investment is always with the lenses more than the camera body itself though as that is where most of the expense lies. This makes it much cheaper as and when you ever wish to upgrade to a newer model as all your existing lenses can still be used and take advantage of a new cameras features, which is great.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes my father passe away in December 2009, cant remember if i post here i guerss not. difficult times then.
    Yes i have a flash,
    Nikon speedflash sb600
    it is a great flash, but with to many options for me.... omg, that is 10 more complicated then the camera itself.
    So far, i am learnig by myself to basic stuff with daylight or artificial light. Flash will coem later... i allready have to much to learn.... :-)
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a nice Speedlight flash gun and will allow you a lot of creativity in how you use a flash. If you don't have a defuser for it I recommend one, especially if you ever want to do portrait and group shots as it removed the harsh flash effect you often see that can wash out colour in faces. But you can also perform a good result without by pointing the flash upwards so it bounces of the ceiling to give a wider, softer spread of light over your scene, which can work really well. Basically the idea is to not always have the flash "flashing" directly into the subject of the image, but defusing its additional light into the scene.

That flash is also capable of remote triggering which is great for macro photography as you can experiment with moving the flash to the other side of objects to create nice emulation and diffusion effects, especially with flowers and plants.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you right,
    for macro, so far if i have the object inside house, i dont use flash, i instead use permanet light, such as halogen or white leds.
    I have to get an small white iglo, it's also great for macro.
    I also discover the possibilities of tube extenders and also ring inverters so you can extend the lens or put them backwords.
    i order both from ebay under 10 euros... i am looking forward to try them!!
    with the tubes you loose the autofocus, but i am not using it in macro, i prefer manual.
    Are you also into photography ? what camera do you have?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have been into Photography for many years. And have been in a more professional way since university in the 90's. I started off many years ago with a film based Minolta Dynax 500si back around 1994. Minolta used to be my favourite make, but they no longer exist (purchased by Sony).

I now stick with Canon cameras and lenses. My current main camera is a Canon 60D.

Among the lenses I have include:

Canon EF-S 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 IS (great all round general purpose lens for any situation. Not as sharp as a prime but the only lens needed when going out anywhere).
    Canon EF 100mm F2.8 L USM Macro IS (This is a very nice macro lens in the Canon L professional range (the L series as Pro lenses that are weather and dust sealed). Useful image stabilisation for hand held macro shooting).
    Canon EF 35mm F2 (nice portrait lens with a wide angle for interior shots, landscapes and buildings).
    Canon 50mm F1.4 USM (nice for low light images)

On my wish list at the moment:

Canon EF 15mm f2.8 Fisheye (great wide angle fisheye shots)
    Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM (F2.8 throughout its whole zoom range!)
    Canon EF 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 L IS USM (great L series general purpose lens to replace my existing 18-200 lens. Has silent USB focus motor and Image stabilisation.