Installing Ubuntu or Linx

I tried to install Ubuntu 10.4 when it first came out over a year ago, I bought my first Linux mag and it had the Unbuntu install disk with it. I had tried a couple of days before downloading the install disk but kept getting errors on it after checking it, so I bought the mag. I had partition and formated my hard drive, one which would have windows xp and an other for ubuntu, thought it would be better this way having a dual boot, I knew that I could have used the ubuntu partition (which I'm sure I tried later) but as I was saying, so once I started the install and go though the set-up and it would look to do the updates which it would find the wirless signal but didn't seem to work even after I tried doing the updates after it install it was still the same, but the worst thing was after restarting the computer it would lock me out, so each time I had to use the windows recovery disk but fixing the drive wouldn't work so every time I had to do a complete format and reinstall of windows (which was a few times) I spent all weekend day and night trying different options still no good, this was before I was registerd on any Amiga sites so couldn't ask for help, I did try to get some answers form the ubuntu help site. So in the end I had enough. I had thought that my mobo was to old for the dual boot system. I have changed that system since then and I have picked up a couple of pc's including a couple of old mac's, 2x imac g3's and a quicksilver powermac g4, I also have a p3 with swappable drive bay and a p4. It would be great to have a linux system and a morphOS syestem up and running but without the long weekend day & night just to set it up Any thoughts on the problems and how to avold the mess-ups would be great also if you've had problems setting up yours.

Cheers
Don