Thread: Comet Elenin.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Comet Elenin.

It depends on what you read about this Comet and how gullible you are as to which of this is relevant.

For the Rational, sensible mind.

Comet Elenin is a comet discovered in 2010 by Leonid Elenin and is designated C/2010 X1

The nucleus of the comet is approx 3-4 km wide.

C/2010 X1 will come to perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) on 10 September 2011 at a distance of 0.4824 AU. On 16 October 2011, the comet will make it's closest approach to the Earth at a distance of 0.2338 AU (34,980,000 km; 21,730,000 mi) with a relative velocity of 86,000 km/hr.

The Minor Planet Center ephemeris shows this relatively bright comet will reach about 6th magnitude near mid-October 2011,[15] but until the activity level of the coma is better known it is still uncertain just how bright this comet will become.

Elenin will make its closest apparent pass in the night sky to Comet 45P/Honda–Mrkos–Pajdušáková on the morning of October 8, before moving apparently close to Mars on October 15.

For the Conspiracy enthusiasts (gullible idiots)

Comet Elenin is a Planet X or Dwarf Star,and even though it wont hit Earth it will align with the other planets in our solar system and cause massive earthquakes worldwide, the USA will split in 2 and the UK will no longer exist.

Someone noticed that "Elenin" contains "ELE" ("extinction level event"), the term used for the (results of the) comet impact in the movie Deep Impact. In the movie, the comet is discovered by a teenager named Leo Biederman, which is similar to Leonid Elenin, and the president of the United States is black.

The Alignment of Elenin, Earth and the Sun has happened 3 times. First for the Chile earthquake, then for the New Zealand Earthquake and finally the Japanese Earthquake and tsunami.

Comet Elenin is a portent of the upcoming end of the world in 2012.

Comet Elenin is an incoming spacecraft or intelligently controlled object.

I could go on listing all the various conspiracy theories but believe me it's much more fun just Googleing them and reading. I particularly recommend looking at the David Ike forum as there are so many things on there.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, I hope I get to see it.

It is amazing the number of conspiracy's people can come up with regarding space objects. I think if you look hard enough into space you could find something aligned to something else that coincides with any specific events and blame it. I'm surprised the Apophis Asteroid hasn't been mentioned much recently.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apophis won't be here until 2029 so they're saving that until after nothing happens in 2012.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD