Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

A Great question between Amiga and PC emulation

Well, i have an A1000, in the past an A2000 wb1.3 and done several demos and dintroes using Demomaker. It save it on an Amga Disc with bootable dintro. How can i save this disc to emulation on pc. And, the most interesting question : how to transferate an amiga dintro disc on pc without an amiga disc drive ? Does it makes a flash drive, usb driver ? How to do it and use it ???

Thanks for a french newbe !

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PC floppy drives cannot read real Amiga formatted discs. Therefore emulators use image files called ADFs instead. These are sector images of the real disk, so the emulator loads them as if they were real disks.

The hard bit to converting a real Amiga disk into an ADF. IF you have an Amiga this is easier because there are quite a few different programs to do this. If not then it is a little harder. There is expensive hardware that allows you to read Amiga disks on the PC to convert them into ADFs, but this hardware starts at €90 so is expensive. Alternatively you can connect an Amiga to a PC using a null modem cable and transfer the disk in a real Amiga to an ADF image on the PC. This using software called Amiga Explorer. There is also free software such as that included with the PC emulato WinUAE, called Trakdisk which allows convertion a real disk into an ADF on the Amiga. You then need to get the adf image from the Amiga to the PC. Most people use a PC formatted floppy disk to do this.

These are just some of the ways I've mentioned. If any of these are of interest to you I can expand on them and give more detail for you.

Alternatively I can always offer to convert the disks into ADFs for you.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    PC floppy drives cannot read real Amiga formatted discs. Therefore emulators use image files called ADFs instead. These are sector images of the real disk, so the emulator loads them as if they were real disks.

The hard bit to converting a real Amiga disk into an ADF. IF you have an Amiga this is easier because there are quite a few different programs to do this. If not then it is a little harder. There is expensive hardware that allows you to read Amiga disks on the PC to convert them into ADFs, but this hardware starts at €90 so is expensive. Alternatively you can connect an Amiga to a PC using a null modem cable and transfer the disk in a real Amiga to an ADF image on the PC. This using software called Amiga Explorer. There is also free software such as that included with the PC emulato WinUAE, called Trakdisk which allows convertion a real disk into an ADF on the Amiga. You then need to get the adf image from the Amiga to the PC. Most people use a PC formatted floppy disk to do this.

These are just some of the ways I've mentioned. If any of these are of interest to you I can expand on them and give more detail for you.

Alternatively I can always offer to convert the disks into ADFs for you.

Well i don't have a pc floppy disc on my pc so that's a little bit harder ! Well, if you can convert this collector dentro disc into adf file on pc (you can send it on the net with 4sharded for example) i will be agree to send you the original Amiga disc and i thank you for advance (i'm on working about a 4 dvd multimedia and interactive presentation about the 90's, and Amiga is one of the part of course).

Best Regards,

Insiderz31

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem.

I've sent you a PM with details.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!