Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just bought L.A. Noire. As a Rockstar's fan its turn arrived after fully completing Red Dead Redemption.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still didn't finish L.A. Noire. Always played together with the misses, but sometimes she tends to just fall asleep during a game, and then I finish the case, and switch the console off

Just watched the vid with Skyrim footage...damn, wish I hadn't now!

Watch him beat the wolf, then kick it in the head!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Skyrim definitely looks great doesn't it. As a huge fan of the series I will definitely be playing it. And as with the previous games in the series this definitely feels like an evolution of the series, rather than a complete reworking, which I love to see as i hate it when franchise get completely reworked into a completely different game or genre (such as Fallout was). This should be good.

The only conundrum now is what platform to buy it for? Buying it for a console will mean you know it should run smoothly and look as good as it can. And we know from experience of the previous games that the PC version will initially push current PCs to their limit and might struggle to show of the game in full detail, so we will have to compromise a bit on graphical quality, or maybe even resolution to make it run smoothly. But buying it on PC will mean better control, as with Oblivion, and other recent RPGs, I expect the PC version will have less dumbed down fighting. One thing most console games are guilty of is dumbing down the combat a bit to make it easier because of the less precise and slower controls. Larger hit regions on enemies, automatic targeting silently built in etc. Plus PC versions always have the longest life spans. Reinstall them a couple of years later and you can then utilise the progression of technology and run them at maxxed out settings to re-enjoy them anew in resolutions and graphical detail way beyond anything consoles can dream of.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Oblivion, but didn't play it yet

Skyrim looks really great. My only concern is that I don't like the 1st person view in these games, looks terrible imo. But I saw some footage showing Skyrim played in 3rd person view, is that possible? Because that would change evrything for me.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, until this game the series has only been FPS, but they have added over the shoulder third person perspective as an option, so you can play it that way. I know what you mean about it not looking quite right in fps view. I always find it feels a little closed in and restricts field of view. For RPGs especially third person perspective gives you a much wider field of view around your character/s which is useful in combat. I will probably use both viewing modes during the gameplay though.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like RPG but nowadays modern RPG tend to be more hack 'n' slash games than RPG, and that's really sad. I prefer the oldskool.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

I play Oblivion in 3rd person mainly - much easier to see yourself in your surroundings and have a much bigger field of view. Then I switch to 1st person when I need to do something intricate like searching or aiming my bow. It's just a button-click to switch between the two views.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

The 3rd game in the So Blonde series comes out in glorious 1080p HD on the PS3 next Feb: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle! I think this is the only graphic adventure on the PS3, should look awesome on my 50" plasma!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    I really like RPG but nowadays modern RPG tend to be more hack 'n' slash games than RPG, and that's really sad. I prefer the oldskool.
    Totally counts for me too.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by burns flipper View Post
    The 3rd game in the So Blonde series comes out in glorious 1080p HD on the PS3 next Feb: Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle! I think this is the only graphic adventure on the PS3, should look awesome on my 50" plasma!
    Wouldn't you say L.A. Noire and Heavy Rain are both Adventure games too?