Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony PS Vita

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it was released on a game card, it's a very small game, so there is no point of releasing it on a card, it's a downloadable game from their store. I checked already eBay, but I cannot find it.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking about the hack, I have Persona 4 Golden to play, which, if I start, will probably take a while to complete. After that, I could install another PSP RPG to play, not very interested in other games for the PSP. So I checked the PSN store, and the PSP games are all between 5-15€, which is not very expensive, so I could also easily download the original for that price.

Otherwise I will probably end up putting again 20 games on the memory card, which I won't play, and honestly, what's the point of having 15 different RPGs installed? You won't play them simultaneously.

Would be a good opportunity to actually start playing what you want, instead of having another collection device.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not being able to hack the Vita to run free backup games is forcing you to actually play games on it. Ironic!

Same is true for me. I used to download loads of PC games, but never actually played most of them. I got fed up with patching them, having to manually download updates and then repatch, not being able to play them online etc... so over the past year I've been using the sales on Steam to buy the games I really wanted to play and have actually been playing and enjoying them.

Just shows you that when you can unlock a system to run backups you end up trying to collect everything for a platform, and it becomes an obsession.. to the point where you spend your time collecting and searching, and not actually playing anything.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always when I finish a game on the PS3, I don't know which one to play next, and I'm ending up by browsing around, and in the end, even after 2 weeks, I didn't start anything new, but only tried some of the PSN games.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally got myself a Vita at the weekend for my 40TH birthday.

Got a really good deal on it. Looking online I couldn't find any deals, and any memory card bundles were all out of stock, so I decided to go into town instead and have a look around the shops. Ended up buying it in Game. They had the 10 game mega pack but with no price on it, and the Vita console prices were really confusing, so I asked a sales assistant and he didn't have any idea either, so he got the manager. Worked out well because they didn't have any Wi-Fi only vitas left so he said he would do the 3g version for the same price. He scanned the mega game memory card bundle in with 16GB card and it came up as £45, he then scanned the 3G Vita in and it came up as £139. He then adjusted the price to make the whole thing a bundle and it was £139 for the lot, so that was a great price.

I couldn't even find a Vita of any type or any bundle that cheap online or in stores, and no where else had the memory card game bundle in stock so that was great.

Once setup I discovered the PSN Plus this month has Uncharted, so that was good as it's one of the main games I wanted. And I also got Wipeout 2048, Motorstorm RC, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, Gravity Rush, Lemmings, the AR games, and a few lessor games.

Any other game recommendations?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great deal!

Persona 4 of course And perhaps Ys - Memories of Celceta.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're well covered with good games allready. If you need a couple more suggestions then Alien Breed HD is a must, isn't it? If you'd like an fps then Killzone Mercenary is pretty good. Better gameplay-wise than the PS4 outing. Resistance: Burning Skies is pretty bad however, so avoid that one. And definitely get Stardust Delta.

The Superfrog remake has an interesting cross-play feature. The game itself isn't that well made, it's actually a sequel instead of a remake with all new levels and music. Except the new levels aren't very well designed. The old levels and music are included, but must be unlocked by playing the new stuff. Not worth it. But there's that one thing it does which is kinda cool, if you get the game for both PS3 and Vita (have to pay for both of course) then it has a bonus level feature where you play the game on the PS3, you enter a portal and Superfrog teleports to your Vita screen and you play a small bonus section there. Then he telports back to the PS3 screen and you continue. The one cool idea the game has, but i doesn't save it. If both versions turn up on PS+ sometime then it's maybe worth a look. If you're very very bored.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do we really need Alien Breed on EVERY platform

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course we do. [s]Still waiting for the Android port.[/s] <-- Wrote that sarcastically, then I had a look on Google Play just for the hell of it and it turns out there is an Android port. Looks like the same HD version that's on the Vita too, and quite cheap.

..and apparently the strike-through bbcode doesn't work here. Oh well.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've really been enjoying Stardust Delta. Annoyingly I was away at my Mother-in-laws for new year and couldn't purchase anything from the PSN store because my existing card details on their has expired and I didn't have my PSN login details with me. I've now updated them and grabbed the full version of Stardust Delta. So only been playing the demo mostly until last night. Definitely prefer the traditional controls however at the moment.

I'm now on the lookout of some decent racing games. I have Wipeout. Any others worth looking at? Someone mentioned NFS: Most Wanted. I could put some PSP racers on their, like GT and Outrun 2006 but I wondered if there were any more Vita specific ones worth getting?

And are there any decent games that utilise the rear touch well? Really wanted to get something to take advantage of them.

Also enjoyed the AR games that use the AR cards. I've only played the free ones. I quite like the idea of the Football and Ice hockey ones which use 3 cards so you can see the whole playing area at once and move the Vita around it. Very cool (first saw this technology used in museum design to explore objects held in cases in full 3D on a tablet. Anyone played any of these, or any other AR games?