I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Amiga on the DS.

It is now possible to play UAE4All on the DS. However you have to have an iSmartMM flashcard to run Dingux (Dingoo Linux).

Because you are running Linux and then an emulator the emulation is not up to speed on the iSmartMM (a flashcard based on the iPlayer the predecessor to the Supercard DSTwo) but still it's nice to have running.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great to see Amiga emulation finally on the DS, but also ashame that they have developed it for out of date carts. Why would they do this and not focus on a cart that is still available? strange.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not an out of date card it's just underpowered when compared to the SCDS2.

The strange thing about it is the SDK for the iSmart MM is not publicly released but the SDK for the SCDS2 has so you would've thought that the SCDS2 homebrewers would've managed to do this first. However it appears that the SDK for the iSmart MM is superior to the SDK for the SCDS2 which has major sound issues.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going by the fact you said it was the predecessor, so that would make it obsolete compared to the newer card.

That is very strange about the SDK, if it isn't released, although I expect you can obtain one via license, so maybe the developer had already paid for something prior to the newer card, so decided to utilise that investment. Who knows. The fact any development for Amiga emulation on the DS is still great to see, and as this is in the same family of cards to the SCDS2 it is more hopeful that something will appear on that at some point.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!