Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the one thing that has always been good with Nokia smartphones. I still use a Nokia N95 a lot of the time and that can last for 3 days with a mixture of internet, calls and GPS. I've been very disappointed with the battery life of all newer touchscreen smartphones, and none of the battery life claims of the makers seems to be anywhere close to the truth. And even in reviews I don't get how they can claim they have been running a series of tests on a number of mobiles to test battery life, and the average is 50% left after 24 hours. I've never seen one last more than 3-4 hours of constant use before being completely flat.

Battery life is definitely the area they should all be focusing development on now, and not on other less important features for new revisions of each OS or hardware. We need a smartphone that can last on a single change for a whole day of constant use, otherwise what is the point of it being mobile if you need to be tethered to a charger every few hours?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find to maximise the battery life I only turn features on when I need them Bluetooth, wireless, Mobile data, etc....
    It's not great but with conservative use I can get a couple of days out of it...

The beauty of all these android phones using the mini-USB connection is that they easily plug straight into the USB port in my car & charge whilst i'm on the go.

If you don't have USB in the car then c12V socket to USB adapters are really cheap on ebay

My previous phone was a Nokia 5800 & that was & still is a capable phone but I would never go back...

I know the battery life on these smartphones is poor but it's the first phone that I actually feel is truly usable for email & internet on the go... It's getting better all the time.