Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Commodore Amiga TOSEC sets updated

The official Commodore Amiga TOSEC sets on Pleasuredome have just been updated to the latest 07-04-11 release. I joined them with the existing set and they all updated over night so not a huge update, but worth doing to bring the set up to date with the latest stuff.

Remember these 4 torrents are not [FREE] so will use up some of your download credit.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw it, but I don't bother to update because my sets are a bit messy. Still look like this:

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can download the .dat files from the TOSEC project site, then use them with ClrMAMEPro on your files, and it can rearrange your files into the new set. Your collection is pretty old, 2005, so I'm not sure how much has changed, but with ClrMAMEPro and the .dats it will rename and update everything it finds into the current version.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always have problems using clrmamepro, not really looking through. There must be something that is completely different from my own point of view.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ClrMAMEPro can be really confusing to get working. It took me ages playing around with it the first time to make it work, but once worked out it is not too hard to use, although definitely not intuitive. I found a good tutorial in how to use it a long time ago and that really helped me work it out.

I could always burn you a copy of the new set and post it to you so you have an up to date copy to start again with?

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I could always burn you a copy of the new set and post it to you so you have an up to date copy to start again with?
    That's not really necesary, but thanks. I will one time have to figure it out myself, and anyway, as I'm not using it at ALL, doesn't matter if it's already a bit older.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is true, as most of the content will still be the same. It is mainly the CD sets that have changed the most.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a large Nintendo DS rom set, and when the naming changed it was a real hassle using ClrMamePro (or however it is labelled). Getting the DAT was also quite tricky, and I think there may have been some issue with zipped files or something. Anyways, it was a while ago and I eventually worked it out but it was a big big pain. I haven't bothered to update it for a long long time (maybe 2 years) and have barely touched the DS in that time either.

If I were to get back into that I think I'd probably just start from scratch.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Problem with that NDS rom set you mention is its now 115GB, so starting again would take some time and eat into a lot of download credit to obtain. That is really why spending the time renaming an existing set is often better. Although for much smaller sets, if things have changeds a lot then I do also just download the whole thing again as it is much easier.
    Last edited by Harrison; 15th April 2011 at 16:29.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some time ago they changed the NDS set from normal .zip files to .7z files, and the torrent client didn't recognize it anymore, too bad. I just then downloaded the whole set again, at that time, it wasn't that big yet, and it was also even smaller due to the .7z compression. Since then, they kept it this way, I even updated yesterday to 5651, don't know if that is at the moment the last game in the set, but I didn't find any newer.