Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Census

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Yes, I filled ours out last night. Quite simple and not too much to actually answer on it. Regarding religion, I was so tempted to put Jedi, but in the end didn't.

It seems quite a few people have something against the Census, questioning why they should provide the information. Personally I wonder what they have to hide!

I wonder if in 100 years other people will be using the data I added to help search for long lost relatives or track down their family tree. It's what we have used the 1901 Census for recently, which was very useful.
    I did put jedi! not posted t yet. Had a bloke turn up asking about it. Said I refuse to do it has it breaches my Human rights and I will go to the ECOHR and complain! he said need to do it by law, I asked if I have to enter trufull information, he said no!
    :thumbs: Amiga, Wii Amiga on wii! SORTED! :thumbs:
    [img]http://www.my-wii.co.uk/wiibanner.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Why anyone would want to do it online though when they provide a nicely laid out form and an envelope is beyond me. I bet the majority of people still did it on paper.
    I did it online - much easier to type, cut and paste stuff, it was easier to follow, and it also only showed you relevant questions, i.e. if you tick the "is a schoolchild" box for one of your children, it doesn't even generate all the job-related questions, so you just fill in all the questions it asks you. I did the entire family in about 20 minutes.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the form was pretty easy to fill in, and did it via the postal method as it gave Royal Mail some much needed work. The electronic version of forms is definitely the logic way for the future though as it removes paper and the middle process of then having to convert the written form into an electronic form to add to the database. But I also still prefer filling out a physical form to an online one.

It also made it easier because we have a student staying with us, so she had to fill her pages in separately.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!