Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wiki promotion through links

A good way for us to attract more visitors to classicamiga is via links on Wikipedia pages. There are a lot of pages on the wiki devoted to some aspect of the Amiga, and anyone can add links to external sites on any wiki page.

Therefore I thought it would be a great idea to add links to relevant classicamiga pages on these Wiki pages.

So if any of you find a Wiki page that could "benefit" from a classicamiga link being included in the external links section please add one in.

I've already added classicamiga to some Wiki pages already and will be adding more as I find them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol "benefit". Class.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd suggest you pick pages to link carefully and not to add many at once - the external links is monitored by editors on Wikipedia, and they'll notice a site adding many links at once.

Therefore I suggest we add link pages that correspond to fairly complete articles on this site.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, and this is what I've been doing so far. I've added a links to pages such as the WinUAE Wiki page which links to the beginners guide to running WinUAE on classicamiga.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good idea. Hope that this will bring in some new visitors to both the site and the forum.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, we definitely still need some visitors and of course members. But I think that getting members will be tough, as some visit or register at amiga only forums. Most of our posts are non amiga related, only 15-20% are really about amiga. We are a bunch of buddies chatting together all the time and waiting for new members to register. And I think people visiting this board often see this, and think themselves, what's this, I wanted something about amiga related stuff? Or do I need just some more patience ?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, guess its half and half. I think if someone wants some Amiga info, then just post it out there...people are too afraid to ask sometimes. I think emulation in general needs to get bigger so that more people know about it. If people want to focus on dedicated Amiga use, then they would be stuck at boring boards where all they talk about is "I use my Amiga for ________. How can I ______?" At least here there is more stuff going on. I think once the main site is full we will have to suck people into the forums! I think many people dissapeared when the old forum died. If only they knew how good the forums are now in comparison! they are missing out.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If people want to focus on dedicated Amiga use, then they would be stuck at boring boards where all they talk about is "I use my Amiga for ________. How can I ______?"
    I think you're right about that, just look at the amiga section at gamefaqs, most posts are just nonsense. Hopefully this isn't happening here. Also meaning mods would get more work to do with other people's posts.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes true, but my point was more aiming at the fact that if this site were restricted to just amiga topics, there would be no "flava" on here. Then it gets stale and dies like many other sites. The questions that need to be addressed are: what do people want to see and then how to keep them here

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I went on the lemonamiga forum once.

ONCE.

Gah..... it was dull, and there were no new or interesting posts. No fun, no games, no cool folks.