Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cannon Fodder HELP! :D

Ok so... like a fool I reinstalled my computer and forgot to copy my WinUAE save states for cannon fodder!

I was up to mission 18. Could anyone possibly sort me out with a save state or a save disk image that takes me that far or there abouts? I don't have the heart to do it all again. It took me long enough the first time!

Also... I looked up cheats on lemon amiga, none of which i could get to work. There is a apparently a mission selector if you hold the left and right mouse buttons for five second after clicking the load button.

Do the cheats work through WinUAE. I'm on the latest version.

Thanks,

Paul!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never tried any cheats with the game... so not sure if they work. I also don't have any save state or save disks I can offer.

However, some cracked versions of the game do exist with trainers built in. These allow you to skip levels, add infinite health etc... The version cracked by Fairlight has a Trainer by Paradox included. To download it go to http://planetemu.net/index.php?secti...dat=754&page=c and look for Cannon Fodder in the list. The trained file is Cannon Fodder (1993)(Virgin)[cr FLT](Disk 1 of 3)[t +4 PDX] , and so you will need that one plus disks 2 and 3 that go with it.

Hope it works.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that Harrison! I do already have that copy of Cannon Fodder for UAE. How do you use the trainer? Other than the startup screen it doesn't seem any different than the other version of Cannon Fodder I have.

Paul

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The trainers are normally a part of the cracking teams startup screens. They will normally list what can be activated with the keys to press to switch each on and off. I've not tried this trainer myself so don't know exactly that it looks like, or how it works.

If you can't work it out I can boot it up tomorrow and have a look.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didnt have the right disk 1. Got the trainer to work however it doesnt have a level skip! Ech well! looks like i may have to brave the whole game again!

Thanks for the help!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem. Was worth a try at least. At least with Cannon Fodder it is never a chore replaying levels, or the whole game. It is all great fun!

I know you mentioned you had tried some cheats, but have you tried these ones?

Click on the LOAD icon and press and hold both Mouse Buttons for 5 seconds (then release), a screen will appear offering you a HARDMAN option and Level Section.
    Go to the save game option, when the game requests a name type "JOOLS". "Cheat mode active" will flash at the bottom of the screen and the ranks and abilities of your men will have increased.