Thread: God of War HD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

God of War HD

Anyone own the God of War HD and God of War II HD remastered versions for PS3?

I've played both on the PS2... so are they worth playing again in their remastered HD versions on the PS3?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own them and have played them. They look stunning in HD, except for the cutscenes which still are SD, they didn't re-render those for the new release. That goes for everything really, the games are just running in a higher resolution. Nothing else has been polished, but the textures in these games were very detailed to start with so the games still shine regardless.

I'd say just get them if you want to replay them anyway. There's nothing new in them apart from the increased resolution.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of HD remakes this generation. Seems to be somewhat of a trend lately, with games like God of War, Prince of Persia, Sly Cooper, and soon Tomb Raider/Beyond Good and Evil getting remastered editions.

I'm all for these remakes, but sometimes, I wish they'd pick a game I want.

I'm looking at you, Square/Enix!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FFVII HD would be brilliant, that is true.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently playing God of War III, didn't play it yet. It's really good, but not different from the others. Didn't know what to play lately, as I finished Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm and Killzone 3. Then I hooked up my HDD to the PS3 and started testing some games, when I eventually noticed that I didn't play GoW3 yet.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much did you like Bulletstorm? A lot of reviews gave it average 7/10 marks and a so so review. I really enjoyed this series. I completed the original on the PS2, and am currently working my way through KZ2. Once I'm finished with that I will grab the third one.

Funny seeing you playing so many FPSs when I remember a couple of years ago how much you didn't like them.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Funny seeing you playing so many FPSs when I remember a couple of years ago how much you didn't like them.
    Haha, that's true, but I have to say that lately a lot of FPS are released. I think that visually they are always looking nice, and they're kinda short, I finished Killzone 3 in 2 days, and Bulletstorm in 3. So for some shooting, it's quite funny and addictive. RPGs take me sometimes too long to finish, and as I often don't have too much time to play, it's easier to start with a game that's pretty short.

I liked Bulletstorm, it's really funny, and the skillkills are just hilarious, quite motivating to find every single one out. Visually it's also quite good, because it's a bit different than other shooters, more colorful. Can't beat the visuals of Killzone 3 though. I would rate Bulletstorm a 8.5/10.

Btw, I didn't finish Killzone 2, I'm at the end at the final boss, Radec, but I always fail beating him. Already tried many times, but it's too tough for me. Perhaps I should get it another try one time, but I think there's no real need, as I know how the story ends, like Killzone 3 begins

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw, finished GoW3 some time ago, was really good, but indeed not very different from the prequels, but that can also be a positive aspect.