Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Harrison my PSP has 2.7.1...hehe sweet. So what the deal with the emulation?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first thing you need to do is determine if your PSP is a TA-82 model or not. To do this open the UMD drive and look inside at the bits of the motherboard you can see. You are looking for the serial code IC1003. If this is printed on the motherboard then you have a TA-82 model. If there is nothing there then you have the better earlier motherboard.

This is what I'm talking about:

If your PSP is a TA-82 model then follow this guide:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthr...highlight=2.71

But only follow it as far as downgrading back to the 1.5 firmware, as you will then want to upgrade to the custom firmware 3.03 OE-C, which I can explain next.

Or if you PSP is not a TA-82 model then you can follow this guide:

http://www.psphome.com/forum/psp-tut...sp-1-50-a.html

When doing either of these methods make sure you first fully charge up your PSP to 100% and then during the process of downgrading the PSP make sure the mains power supply is also connected to the PSP at all times. If you don't do this it could go wrong and kill/brick your PSP.

Also before you start I recommend you format the memory stick in your PSP, and then once downgraded to firmware 1.5 you format the memory stick again before doing the 3.03 OE-C upgrade.

OK, if you have done that and now have a PSP with firmware 1.5 you are ready to upgrade to the custom Dark_AleX firmware 3.03 OE-C. First before you do anything format the memory stick just to make sure it is clear and fully formatted to work correctly with the current firmware in your PSP.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now you are at firmware 1.5 you are ready to upgrade to custom firmware 3.03 OE-C

First you will need to download the files needed:

- Custom firmware installer 3.03 OE-C
    - Official Sony firmware updater 1.5
    - Official Sony firmware updater 3.03

Once you have all of these files unrar the 3.03 OE-C archive and it contains a guide on how to install the firmware. It is quite straight forward. Just make sure you follow the instructions properly and also format your memory card before doing this and charge your PSP to 100% and leave it connected to the mains power before starting.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, is what I'm looking for inside the UMD slot? I'll take a pic for you of what I can see...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is. Just open the UMD slot and then look inside from the back of the PSP. At the very top edge of the inside you should see parts of the PSP circuit board visible. It will either have that IC1003 code printed on the board or no code at all.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine has IC6001...

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    mine has IC6001...
    That code indicates you have the older TA-081 based motherboard in your PSP, so you need to follow the other tutorials I posted for all other PSPs.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheers Harrison, just downloaded the files, will try it tomorrow! Fingers crossed it doesnt die...is there anyway to revive it?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you make sure the PSP is fully charged and plugged into the mains power when you do it nothing should go wrong. Just make sure you follow everything exactly as stated and it should be fine.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good. So once I've done all this, then what?