Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the corrupt data showing as an icon in the list of files on the memory card next to the SNES emulator icon?

If so this is perfectly normal. The PSP doesn't know what some of the files the emulator is using and so shows them as a corrupt data icon.

To try and hide these corrupt data icons hold down the R button when you switch on your PSP to make it go to the recovery menu. Then go to configuration, and there is an option in there to hide corrupt files/data. That hides most of them for me.

Glad you managed to get the SNES emulator to run. Cool isn't it. Now you just need to get PSPUAE to work.

Also try some game ISOs and see if you can get those to run too. A smallish game for testing it works (download wise) is Mercury if you can find it. Most torrent sites will have it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So why does my PSP shut down when trying to run PSPUAE? very strange! any ideas?
    Yes emulation is cool! Hey this is actually a good use for the PSP!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Many thanks, Harrison, for providing a clear, concise guide to installing 3.03 OE-C on he PSP.

Followed the instructions and now have a Japanese PSP quite merrily thinking it is a PSP, Amiga, SNES, GBA at the moment is is well on the way to discovering many other split personalities for it torevel in.

Have you thought of writing "Emulation For Dummies" as you seem to have a good grasp on providing a well-thought-out guide.

So far, I have not had any problems with installing emulators, but should some occur, I will keep people updated as to how I proceeded to solve the problem.

Currently tho, highly engrossed in playing Shadowrun on the SNES.

As a slight aside, does anybody know where I might be able to locate a copy of Little Computer People for the Amiga... 'Cos that would be a great game for the PSP!
    This is not a signature

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Planetemu has it. Don't let the alien language throw you off, it's quite easy to navigate.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    So why does my PSP shut down when trying to run PSPUAE? very strange! any ideas?
    I'm guessing you either don't have the kickstart files in the right location, or you haven't renamed the kickstart files correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    Many thanks, Harrison, for providing a clear, concise guide to installing 3.03 OE-C on he PSP.
    Glad you found the guide useful and have now managed to upgrade your PSP. It definitely opens it up to become a much greater system once emulation and homebrew are possible as the system is pretty powerful for a handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    Have you thought of writing "Emulation For Dummies" as you seem to have a good grasp on providing a well-thought-out guide.
    I have actually considered creating a "guide to emulation" site and may well do so in the future.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    I'm guessing you either don't have the kickstart files in the right location, or you haven't renamed the kickstart files correctly.
    oh what do they have to be named as...that is probably the problem. Also what kickstats should be there....I have all of them currently

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't you read the read-first.txt file that came with the emulator?!

They should be named as follows:-
    KickStart 1.0 = kick10.rom (A1000)
    KickStart 1.1 = kick11.rom (A1000)
    KickStart 1.2 = kick12.rom (A500 - A1000)
    KickStart 1.3 = kick13.rom (A500 - A1000 - A2000 - CDTV)
    KickStart 2.0 = kick20.rom (A3000)
    KickStart 2.04 = kick204.rom (A500+ - A3000)
    KickStart 2.05 = kick205.rom (A600HD)
    KickStart 3.0 = kick30.rom (A1200 - A4000)
    KickStart 3.1 = kick31.rom (A1200 - A4000 - CD32)

These should be placed in the following folder:-

MS0MemoryStick ROOT DIR)
    |
    |-PSP\
    |
    |-GAME150\
    |
    |-__SCE__PSPUAE\
    |
    |-KICKS\
    So as a minimum you would need kick13.rom in the KICKS directory so the emulator will run.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Me, read?

Insufficient memory. Please click left mouse button to continue.

Ok, renamed, now it runs! I tried Sensible Soccer, but its a bit jumpy....I guess that will be improved during newer versions. Cheers for the help ppl.
    Last edited by Submeg; 13th March 2007 at 02:43. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have access to a lot of settings in PSPUAE that are very similar to the settings in WinUAE, so you can experiment with changing the kickstart used, the chipset, amount of ram etc... these do make a difference in emulation speed.

You can also overclock the PSP which helps alot. Without booting the PSP now I cannot remember if PSPUAE has this feature, but many emulators including the SNES one have the option to speed up the PSP CPU to 333MHz which can make a big difference. And with the 3.03 OE-C firmware you can even do this even if it's not an option in the emulator. In the boot menu it allows you to speed up the CPU speed. This doesn't harm the PSP as it is a supported feature of the processor, but it will reduce the battery life so remember to return the clock speed to normal after you have finished otherwise you won't be able to use the PSP for so long between charges.

Finally, many games work better than others in PSPUAE so it is worth trying a few and seeing what does and doesn't currently run well. As I mentioned somewhere before, Turrican is a good one to have a play around with as it has always been one of the text games for this emulator and runs well.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I will have to fiddle around with it to try and work it out!