Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many games are able to be emulated at this time?
    For the Amiga emulator PSPUAE? I don't have any information on the percentage, but out of the 20 or so games I have tried, 2 didn't run and one was quite slow. The rest ran fine and were near 100% speed most of the time. Some such as Swiv do slowdown a bit when more activity is on screen, and I estimate it slows to about 85-90% speed which is still fully playable. And with sound disabled there is no slowdown at all.

As for SNES emulation, I've yet to find any games thet do not run perfectly and at full speed!

Some of the other emulators are also really good.

Even the Nintendo 64 PSP emulator is coming along well. It is still in development, but can already run commercial games, all be it slowly at the moment, but it will improve.

Did you know that either B-boy or Lumines has the firmware update for 2.7.1?
    Most PSP games come with a version of the official Sony Firmware, but whatever you do, do not run the updater on any of your game's discs or it will upgrade your PSP back to a version that cannot run ISOs, homebrew and emulation.

Some newer games need a newer version of the PSP firmware or they refuse to load, which is where the Dark_AleX firmware is so good because it is based on firmware 3.03 so will run everything currently released for the PSP. Also if you leave the no-UMD option disabled in the boot menu and instead just leave any game disc in the PSP all the time then pretty much all PSP games will boot from ISO images. I've tried a lot of game ISOs on the PSP and they have all worked, including the more recent releases such as Tekken or Lego Star Wars II

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My point with the 2.7.1 firmware was that if people had one of those games you dont have to worry about the downgrading to it if you have one of them.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't quite get your point there. 2.71 isn't really much use for homebrew, emulation or running ISO's either.

Also you cannot downgrade official firmware using the updaters. They only allow you to upgrade from an older firmware version. This is one reason people are always creating downgraders to get their PSP back from newer firmware to 1.5 so they can then run their own stuff.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my point was it says in the tutorial to have the 2.7.1 firmware and then download from there....luckily I already had it so I didnt have to worry about that step

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I see what you mean. In fact, any version of PSP firmware up to 2.80 can be downgraded using different downgraders that have been released, and anyone with a newer firmware can downgrade by first upgrading to the official 3.03 firmware and then using the exploit in the GTA:LCS game save.

So currently the only PSPs that cannot be downgraded back to 1.5 are ones with firmware 3.10 or 3.11 on them and no PSP currently comes with either of these latest versions pre-installed, so everyone is able to downgrade a new PSP using one of the methods)

BTW, did you manage to upgrade your PSP to 3.03 OE-C OK?

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    doing so now...will let you know how it goes!

Ok....just unrared the 303oe_c, and looking in the readme file. It says...

1."Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50" - have done
    2."Copy also the 1.50 and 3.03 updaters with the names 150.PBP and 303.PBP" -where?
    3."Execute the update maker. It will generate the dxar file" -where, on the PSP or on the PC?
    4."Copy 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (1.50)"
    5."Execute the flasher and follow the instructions"

Help?

Will post the entire help file....

" This is the 3.03 OE-C update.

It can be only installed as a full installation, due to some substantial changes in the bootstrap.
    Both, update maker and the flasher work in 1.50, 2.71 SE (whatever version), and 3.02/3.03 OE (whatever version)

The instructions are as always:

- Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are in
    2.71 SE, 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE. Copy also the 1.50 and 3.03 updaters with the names 150.PBP and 303.PBP.

- Execute the update maker. It will generate the dxar file.

Checksums of the generated file:

CRC32: 27A38F3A
    MD5: 95C84F1F20643FB29E5F7DFFF6D04291
    SHA1: E4CE6EB16F90F0F667071085416C10B0BEA7CC22
    SHA256: 1C72C1BE3C7E03E56F127AF365B8AA0B6C8C7A70BFF30E2770C222E28D1CBBFE

- Copy 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME (1.50) or to /PSP/GAME150 (2.71 SE, 3.0X OE).
    Copy also the dxar file inside 303oeflasher.

- Execute the flasher and follow the instructions.

Changes in OE-C:

- AVC videos bitrate limit patched. The firmware limited the bitrate of avc videos to only 768 Kbps.
    OE now forces the limit to be 16384 Kbps. (Note: this doesn't mean than the psp can handle such a high bitrate;
    this means than they won't show error. I don't know which is the real maximum bitrate than the psp can handle at
    full speed).

- Speed of OE boot is now ~3 seconds faster than previous versions. (without plugins).

- Cpu speed of XMB can now be changed.

- Wifi can now work at 333 Mhz.

- Added access to flashes 0 and 1 via usb in the recovery menu, based on the great idea of USBSSS by Booster.
    Note that writing is enabled, so this is intended only for advanced users that know what they are doing in each moment.
    (It is not a great idea to change anything from the kd folder).
    Because of this addition, the rest of flashing options were removed.

- PSP isos can now be deleted as any normal memstick games. (also the size of the iso now shows fine when you press triangle->information).

- When formatting memory stick, GAME150, GAME303 and ISO directories will be automatically created.

- Changes in internal HEN core:

* If a EBOOT.PBP with a plain DATA.PSP had a data.psar, modulemgr took as size of the executable the size
    of data.psp+data.psar. Fixed. (this fix enables psx games to have plain data.psp without causing a memory error).

* Added a couple of patches found by Tyranid. One allows syscalls instructions to be used in kernel mode
    without causing a crash. The other allows sceKernelQueryModuleInfo to work with sceInit and previous modules.

For changes in popstation, refer to popstation readme."
    Last edited by Submeg; 8th March 2007 at 08:13. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about trying to follow the instructions in the readme file as they are missing some of the information from previous version of the firmware because they assume everyone has done this before.

Instead follow the guide I made for you here.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheers Harrison...Im a bit lost, all the guides are all over the place! Lol need one central hub for it all!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a huge problem with any hacking community, and especially bad with the PSP. It took be some time to read through forums and lot of different sites to learn everything I could about the PSP and hacking it.

Also as I have a chipped PSP it was even harder to find any information on the best way for me to use the Dark_Alex custom firmwares.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet.....it worked!

Question, can I format my mem card now?

Question, it wont run PSPUAE, keeps saying:

"the game could not be started.
    (8002014C)"

what the? followed Oz2 guide....
    Last edited by Submeg; 8th March 2007 at 09:56. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged