Thread: 8-bit Metallica

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

8-bit Metallica

I was listening to some music on YouTube, when I noticed that they have 8-bit versions of Metallica songs as suggestions. I listened to some of them and they're quite cool

Master of Puppets

Ride the Lightning

Seek & Destroy

The Four Horsemen

They also have of course 8-bit versions from other bands.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you know the "the four horsemen" was the first version of a song when Dave Mustain from Megadeh was still in Metallica? It was called "the mechanix" in that time. It is in the first Megadeth album.
    I went to Megadeth concert back in 1995 in Portugal, they play it. Very could, the lead guitar is very similar, but lyrics are diferent.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't give me teaching in metal

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never liked Dave Mustaine. So glad he was kicked out of Metallica or I think it would have died a horrible death. I used to really like Megadeth in its own right, but not a patch on Metallica's glory years (before they cut their hair). Although they are back on form with Death Magnitic IMO.

Back on topic...

BRILLIANT FIND! Master of Puppets is still one of my favourite songs of all time.

There must be some sites setup for the creators of these 8-bit remixes? If not, we need to explore and collect all these. Any idea if these were created for real on 8-bit systems? ie MOD or tracker files. Or if they have just been made to sound like 8-bit in modern music creators.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    There must be some sites setup for the creators of these 8-bit remixes? If not, we need to explore and collect all these. Any idea if these were created for real on 8-bit systems? ie MOD or tracker files. Or if they have just been made to sound like 8-bit in modern music creators.
    I have no idea, I only came across on YouTube whilst browsing for some other stuff.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Mustaine, i think he never realy got into a "light side" as Metallica did, with Load/reload/etc... Megadeth after Countdown to Extintion, did some different albuns in a more "light" metal, but still with quality. Last albun is great, nothing compared with that shxx of st anger. What a hell is that drum sound?
    But still enjoy much more the early albuns, "rust in peace" is one of my favorites. Also like "so far so good so what?"
    But sure Metallica had some brillinat albuns, Masters is a superb, and kill'em all is my favorite. And Justicve for all is very good to.
    A500 - A600 - A1200