Hybrid View

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Goldeneye: Source

I just discovered that Goldeneye: Source finally came out of beta in December and has now been released as a final release.

For anyone who hasn't heard of this, Goldeneye: Source is a port of the famous N64 game to the Half-Life 2 source engine. It is a faithful recreation of the original, updated to look amazing on the much newer game engine. If you own HL2 then this is definitely worth downloading and playing.

I only discovered this by accident because I just reinstalled Steam and on logging into my account the news under the HL2 page was giving details of its recent release.

You can download the mod from http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

Register with the site to download directly, otherwise it will force you download from filefront, which is slow and tedious.
    Last edited by Harrison; 13th January 2011 at 11:02.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Do I need to download something before downloading it? Do I need to put it on an SD Card? HELP

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Somebody for an AmigaOS 4.x port maybe?
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the source engine available for PPC/AmigaOS4? Would be great to see ports of some of the great multiplayer games to AOS.

And in answering the question above. To run the game you do need to own a copy of Half-Life 2 and have Steam installed as it needs to use the Source base 2007 engine.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the orange pack, so i got the goldeneye: source. Installed it but when i go play, he says maps from server are diffrent from local.
    I only did the normal installation, didnt change any maps at all, and i dont find any option to update the maps....
    Is anyone playing it ?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've played it a couple of times and had no problems. Did you download the current v4.1 version? Other than that I'm not sure.

Maybe there are some answers on their wiki at http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source/wiki