Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    New ports of UAE are normally quite basic in there setup. Remember that UAE has only ever been an OCS emulator and has no support for AGA. This was added directly into WinUAE by its developer and not migrated back to UAE. This is something that will always hold back Amiga emulation on any other platform, since WinUAE broke away from the original UAE project and went it alone to accelerate development and do a lot more with it. UAE is still however the basis for most other system Amiga emulators, so it will stay more basic. I'm imagining the PS3 emulation is about similar to the Wii Amiga emulator. Obviously a lot more power available to the emulator on the PS3.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly, that's why this emulator will never be updated, as it's based on UAE, and it's developement has been stopped totally since longer time, as almost everyone is using WinUAE.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some news concerning Sony:

DNS Trick Finally Blocked; Sony Makes More Legal Moves

Emails and comments are flooding in — Sony has finally blocked the DNS/proxy trick for getting onto PSN with an earlier firmware version, earlier than version 3.56. I thought they’d block it sooner, but hey… Maybe they’ve been busy with all the legal drama.

With respect to Sony’s legal bullying, posted is a good read at Wired. They mention Sony’s recent legal demands — demanding a federal Judge order Google to give up all the IP addresses and “other identifying information” of those who’ve viewed or commented on this [private] YouTube video.

Furthermore, in addition to Sony’s TRO, where geohot was forced to remove the PS3 keys and jailbreak from his site, he is now being ordered to give up all his computer gear to Sony. Stewart Kellar, geohot’s lawyer, is trying to convince the judge otherwise. And you know Sony isn’t stopping there — they’re still looking for team fail0verflow, KaKaRoTo, Waninkoko, graf_chokolo, Hermes and Kmeaw, who again, most of them anyway, are outside DMCA jurisdiction, I think…

Anyway, back to PSN… Like any situation in life you have three options: 1) Buy a second PS3 (Sony will like you more), hack it or use it for PSN, and do the opposite with your current console; 2) Forget your current hacks and upgrade your console to firmware 3.56 right now; 3) Sit, chill, and wait for future hacks potentially getting you back on PSN … but you know the risks involved with that.
    LG Accuses Sony of Patent Infringement

Sony with a little legal trouble of their own… As the title suggests, LG Electronics in Seoul of South Korea are making claims against Sony — Sony is apparently infringing on two of LG’s patents with respect to how the PS3 renders Blu-ray data. LG is demanding an “immediate investigation” by the International Trade Commission and wants them to halt sales of the PS3 in the United States. Wow, imagine that.

It makes me wonder what took LG so long to figure this out; I mean the PS3 has been on store shelves for nearly 5 years … did LG jailbreak the PS3 in order to find and claim patent infringement? Ha ha.
    Sony Gets Denied by U.S. District Judge

The Honorable Susan Illston hammers her gavel down, denying Sony their motion to subpoena several Internet sites including YouTube, Twitter, PayPal, etc. in hopes to locate the whereabouts of fail0verflow and other PS3 hackers. So KaKaRoTo, Waninkoko, graf_chokolo, Hermes and Kmeaw can rest easy tonight … that’s not to say they were worried, after all graf has setup a new site dedicated to his PS3 hacking efforts.