Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried some other games, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Monopoly Streets and Vanquish are working, even with updates. Updating with JB was not possible.

Installed another CFW today, which is supposed to run signed and unsigned pkg files, didn't have any success yet though (pkg files are homebrew, PSN games, minis...).

New manager was released, including the level 2 patch, so that you don't have to run it when starting the console. Works fine, but manager itself freezes a lot when trying to start it, waiting for some fixes.

I was also in the PSN store and downloaded the Dead Space 2 demo, works fine, and as seen on many forums, online playing is also working just fine.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    humm, i am thinking in trying it to.
    Demon, do you have any tutorial about what do i need to do, and how to do it?
    And here to get the software? (ps3-hacks.com) ?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, http://www.ps3-hacks.com/ has everything you need, plus it says how to be done.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Tested now 3 more games, Wipeout HD, Modnation Racers and Gran Turismo 5, and they're all working fine.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is great to know. How about game updates? I know GT5 and WipeoutHD both have quite large updates before they will normally run on an unmodified PS3.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can update the games as if you would own them. GT5 had a 600MB update (to 1.05), and Modnation Racers had even a bigger one. That works really good. Wipeout HD only installs some stuff to your HDD.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    These recent developments on the PS3 hacking scene have suddenly made it really much more attractive to me. Before, I didn't really want one at all.

But now, the idea that it could be easily turned into a super-fabbo media centre device (like an old Xbox with XBMC but with more bells and whistles) and maybe play a few of the games that are PS3 only that may interest me (currently not that many I have to admit) make it kind-of-a-little tempting. And I wouldn't care too much for online play so wouldn't be too worried about PSN guff other than maybe yarring a few of the games.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can already use the PS3 as a good media player, without hacking it. It requires a media server to be running to serve the files for the PS3 to connect to and play. Running WMP11 on a PC using its library feature is an easy way for anyone, but we all hate WMP, and it is a bodged solution. However there is a good free Java based server called ps3mediaserver (with the unfortunate acronym of PMS ) you can run on any computer (PC, Linux, Mac) for the PS3 to access and run files. It also works with the Xbox 360 so is quite a universal solution.

It definitely is more appealing than before now it has been finally hacked with CFW, but as you say, there are still not really that many truly exclusive titles on the PS3. GT5 and FFXIII are 2 I would say are worth it. And for downloadable games, Wipeout HD and Stardust HD are both great. The Alien Breed games are also really good, but also available on PC so not exclusive. There are quite a few good RPGs though.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    About media player for ps3, i have it installed in my laptop, and i am able to play mp3 and movies, but i have to do it in the PS3, i choose the directory here the files are in my pc and it works, but can i load a mp3 directly in media player in pc?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently it's not possible to play mp3 files with the PS3 media server, I guess its only purpose is to stream the media.

I'm putting Little Big Planet 2 now on the internal disk to test it, and I'm currently downloading Dead Space 2.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has there been any mention of the hackers looking at getting PS2 compatibility back into the CFW? I'm thinking it might be possible, in the same way that on the PSP they used different official firmwares and combined them to get the best bits. Would be great to get back the ability to run PS2 games, and being a CFW no need for them to be original. However I wonder even if that it possible if it would be restricted to the original PS3 and not the slim.